cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager adapter for HP Quality Center - Anyone got this working?

ryan_wermager
Explorer
0 Kudos

To whom this may concern -

Does anyone have SAP Solution Manager Adapter by HP for Quality Center working at their company?

We are using SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ENH pack 1.

We are using HP Quality Center 9.2 with patch level 26.

We are using [HP Enterprise Integration 2.1|http://updates.merc-int.com/qualitycenter/qc90/ent/enterprise_integration/index_2_1.html]

We recently attempted to upgrade from EI 2.0 to EI 2.1 and we are having an issue. If you know anything about this adapter and how to install it properly, please let me know?

Thank you,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ryan_wermager
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone out there?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let us know in detail what are he problems you are facing? Because we have installed

Solution Manager EhP1 SP Stack 20

HP Quality Center 10.0 Patch 7

EI 2.5

Its working fine for us here.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

I have installed Enterprise Integration for SAP Application (2.5) in QC 10 (patch19) and created an QC project and also enabled this with EI.

Now my question is, do I need to provide Solution Manager server details somewhere in QC?

Thanks,

Shakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shakul

It is best that you refer to the How to Guide for HPQC. It gives you all the configurations needed.

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit Devale on Nov 13, 2011 10:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that we need to do the configuration from both HP Quality Center and SAP Solution Manager. I completed the required configuration from HP QC side.

Now I am trying to do the configuration in SAP SolMan 7.1 -

1. SAP Adapter for HP QC (ST-QCA) is already installed and We are using latest version of SAP Solution Manager (7.1 SP3).

2. As per tutorial we need to go to SAP Reference IMG Page (SPRO) and select SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario Specific Settings -> Third Party Integration -> SAP Quality Center by HP option. But I am not able to find this option (SAP Solution Manger -> Configuration) in 7.1 version. I could see only Basic Configuration option.

So, Is ther any different option in 7.1 for Configuration QC? I am not finding documentation for the latest version of SolMan7.1 integration with QC. Please advise us if anybody already configured QC with SolMan 7.1.

Thanks,

Shakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is RKT available for SolMan 7.1 Integration with HP QC:

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> SAP SolMan 7.1 -> Test Management -> Option 2

Could be of help.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to activate the adapter to see it in the IMG Menu. Have you activated the Adapter?

Follow this path first:

IMG->SAP Solution Manager -> Tehnical Settings->Activate Solution Manager Enhancements

you will see in the list ST-QCA and the light bulb icon next to it(currently disabled) or grey.

So Right Click and Activate. Check the Planned Status box. Verify that now the status of the light bulb is yellow.

This creates the IMG entries for the HPQC Add-On. So then, follow the below path and follow the steps in the guide Amit mentioned earlier.

IMG->SAP Solution Manager ->Capabilities (Optional)->External Integration->SAP Quality Manager by HP Integration.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Hope That Helps!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Invycktus!

I could enable ST_QC and see the QC Configuration options. This was really helpful and it's nowhere mentioned in the SAP QC Documentation.

Thanks,

-Shakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Invycktus,

I face an error while configuring "Connect to HP Quality Center" under Integration Test Management in SAP Solution Manager. The error is "No Test Project in Quality Center Message no. QC_INTEGRATION020".

Note: I already created a project in Quality center and successfully extended it to Enterprise Application. I could complete all the configuration until "Activate service to display Solution Manager Documents in QC".

Any idea on this error? & How to ensure the connection to Solution Manager from QC and vice versa ?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Shakul Hameedu A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you will get better exposure if you post a new thread I will be glad to answer there. This is a scenario specific question so you will have to work with me on this.

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Our was hidden even deeper.

IMG->SAP Solution Manager ->Capabilities (Optional)->Test Management -> External Integration->SAP Quality Manager by HP Integration