Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Security audit logs on JAVA WebAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need some help to know how do we enable Security Audit logs for JAVA WAS. This requirement is to track the activities of all the users who access UME on Java engine through Portal.

I have seen some threads which explain how to access audits using SAP client but not for java WAS side.

Thanks

Aparna

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I currently do not have access to the system but surely there is a parameter in Visual Administrator through which you can activate the security audit logs. Do search for it in help.sap you will get your answer.

Former Member

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone through this help documnet and tried the steps. However here is my problem, after logging into Visual Administrator and performing step 2 & 3, i donot find this destination " service_security_audit destination."

So not sure how to acces this folder also i have gone through the file directory and i donot find any security_audiit files. I can find only security_log files.

Thanks

Aparna

0 Kudos

Check out the NW verision. I guess NW7.0 and above support this.

0 Kudos

Our NW version is NW7.01 so it is above NW7.0

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I guess then the issue is with the Logconfigurator settings in your Visual Administrator. Can you check the below path in Visual Administrator :

Services\logconfigurator\Categories/Root Category/System/Security/Audit - Severity

In order to get the security logs activated for Login OK or Login Error kind of checks then value of Severity (above path)should be equal to "INFO". Also check out the UME properties as mentioned in the below help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/3ab19fa272376de10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Do let me know the result of this analysis.

Cheers

Edited by: sap.sec.akshay on Dec 16, 2009 3:58 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Akshya,

Thanks for the information. I followed and checked the Visual Admin and also te UME properties all have the same values as given above. Also there is a folder structure as: system/security/Audit however there are no log files in that folder. Is there anything else i'm missing as the Audit folder is empty.

Thanks

Aparna

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

All checks performed now please allow SAP to look into this Please raise an SAP message for this and also let us know the solution to this problem that will help the whole community as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay

Sure i will update the thread once i get the message form SAP.

Thanks