Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving runtime system from one track to another

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

We are trying to move a track together with the runtime system to another NWDI server. I noticed that when you add a runtime system to a track, NWDI will automatically deploy all the SC into the runtime system via SDM. Is there a way to prevent the automatic deploy from happening? Since this is the XSS track, a redeploy of all the SC(like SAP_ESS) is not a good thing to our production portal server.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In the track configuration, you can check the "Exclude from Deployment" checkbox. Once all the SC's are moved through the entire landscape without being deployed, you can change the track configuration to remove the check and thereby enable further deployment for developers.

Hope this helps.

Vipin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Vipin.

Thank you for your solution. It got my problem resolved.

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ken.

The track already has the SC's. When you attach the runtime system to the track, nwdi will automatically deploy whatever SC's on the track into the system. The "disable automatic deployment" is only available in development. When a developer activates a DC, that option will not allow the code deploy into the runtime system. But this is not what I want to do. Any other idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want to deploy the code, then don't specify the run time system....or am I missing something?

You can also select 'Disable automatic deployment' when you specify the run time system.