cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Entries to be copied from Client 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks, here's a quick question.

We are missing few entries in one of the tables in PRD. SAP has recommended to cascade the entries from Client 000 in DEV and test this in DEV. Here are my questions.

1. What does SAP meant by 'cascading'?

2. When I go to SE16 in client 000 and open the table, I can choose the entries that I need to move and I can choose 'Table Entry --> Transport Entries'. This allows me to create a transport. Is this the right way to go about it?

3. What is the typical procedure followed in this situation.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction SCMP (single table) or OY19 (several tables in a project) to adjust your customizing tables, this is what SAP means by cascading.

Transaction SCMP will compaire tables between systems through RFC, then you can decide which entries to bring from source. But I would check also agains PRD client 000.

Testing first in sandbox is recommended.

--Noe

Edited by: Noe Hoyos on Dec 14, 2009 6:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noe, thank you for the quick response. I used SCMP from the non 000 client -- Entered the Table -- Chose the option 'Display Differences Only' checkbox -- Then hit 'Comparison' button. This showed a bunch of entries in this table. I do see the two entries that I need also. But, how do I bring these over to the non-000 client from client 000. Under the 'Edit' Menu, I have the 'Adjust' option but, that is greyed out. Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Former Member

Hi,

What is the name of the table? I am not sure why the adjustment option is grayed out but try this. Go to transaction SM31, enter the name of the table preceded by "V_" (e.g., V_TCURC) and click Maintain. The go to menu Utilities -> Adjustment, here provide the RFC. You shuold get the Overview: Adjustment results after login to the referece client. Now click on Adjust (button bar), each entry will be shown separately in a new screen. Use menu Edit -> Adjust -> Copy Entry to get the entries from the reference client.

--Noe