cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA32 spreadsheet needs to unmark the button "always use selected format"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I am currently doing some testings in QA32, i want to transfer my list in printable documents, when i am in the menu LIST- EXPORT - SPREADSHEET , then the list for choices appears if(excel, all available formats)then there is this button box "always use selected format" which i have marked it and saves..then when after i proceed to QA32 again, i can't choose the format that i want in the selection.I believe it is the result of marking the button "always selected use format"

how can i unmarked the button "always selected use format" so i can have the chance to choose again?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you check "Always Use selected Format" the system will automatically select it when you click on the Excel Icon or through Export -> Spreadsheet.

To get the selection back just Right Mouse-click in any Cell of the list and select Spreadsheet, select the format you want and continue. This will uncheck "Always Use selected Format".

The next time you click click on the Excel Icon or through Export -> Spreadsheet you will get the whole selection again.

Hope this helps,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i have follow the steps you have mentioned, right click and browse any locations where i can saved the extracted results of qa32 then log out in the system to refresh the changes then when i log in again, still "Always Use selected Format" are not appearing again since i have i marked it.

pls help

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Exporting to Spreadsheets

Use

You can export the list as various spreadsheet formats. The following list summarizes the most important of these formats and the corresponding file name extension for the files:

Format

File Name Extension

Excel (in MHTML format)

MHTML

Excel (in MHTML format for 2000/97)

MHTML

Star Office (in ODS format 1.0)

ODS

Excel (in Office 2003 XML format)

MHTML

SAP-internal XML format

XML

SAP standard (internal table)

XML

Excel (in previous XXL format)

XLS

A format is only included in the selection options if it is available on your PC. The system administrator can also restrict the list of possible formats or even reduce the export to a certain format.

When you export the list in one of these formats, the system automatically generates a file with the name export and with the corresponding file name extension. Exactly which parts of the list are exported to the file depends on the format.

Exactly which data is exported to the file depends on the format:

● In MHTML and XML formats, for example, you export the data that is displayed in the list on the screen. The number, selection, and sequence of columns as well as the sorting, filter, and calculation settings are all included in the export.

● In Excel XXL format, any functions that you executed on the list are not included in the export. The file contains all the columns that you have displayed, but your sorting, filter, and calculation settings are ignored.

Prerequisites

To be able to display and, where necessary, further edit the file that you have generated with the export, the relevant program must be installed.

Procedure

Exporting the List

1. Choose with the quick info text Export and select Spreadsheet in the selection list. In full-screen mode, choose List ® Export ® Spreadsheet.

If you have a choice of more than one format, the Select Spreadsheet dialog box opens.

2. In the Select Spreadsheet dialog box, select the format in which you want to save the exported data.

3. Confirm the settings.

4. In the dialog box that appears, specify the path and name of the file and save the file.

For some formats, you also need to specify other settings for the file that is saved.

5. Make the required settings, where applicable.

If an installed program is linked to the selected file name extension, this program is started automatically and the generated file is opened.

Keeping Settings

If you plan to reuse the same spreadsheet format, you can save the settings for the format. By doing this, you can omit the step with the Select Spreadsheet dialog box and can export the list more quickly.

1. Proceed as described above in steps 1 and 2.

2. In the Select Spreadsheet dialog box, select Always Use Selected Format.

3. Confirm your settings and continue as outlined above.

From now on, whenever you export your list as described above, you bypass the Select Spreadsheet dialog box step and proceed immediately to saving the data.

4. If you want to display the Select Spreadsheetdialog box again during the export, in the context menu for the list, choose Spreadsheet.

The dialog box opens; the Always Use Selected Format indicator is not set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you check the available formats

Excel XXL,office 2003 ,MHTML ,SAP-Internal format etc

same file are available in Export -->Local Files...(Next level you may select "spreadsheet")

i think this is what alternate left

Regards

Sujit