cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populating select-options in the main view

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have two views. main screen and view1.

in main i have created a selection screen with 6 fields. view1 also has selection screen and same fields in it. when i go to view1 and click on ok button, i need to comeback to main view and populate the selection field with the values entered in view1. i am successful to some extent. i am able to access the values entered in view1 selection fields in "modify" method of the main view, but do not know how to fill the selection fields of main view with this values.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i figured this out my self. thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to be sure that have you created the node in the context of the component controller and mapped the same in both of the views for building the selection screen?

If yes then you wont be having any problem in accessing the values from any views, changes in any view will reflect in the other .

If no then just modify the design as per the above description.

TO read the vlalue...just read the context of the node in the view using the code wizrd, and set the value to the attributes using set_attributes method.

Hope this might help you out.

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link -

You might be getting the selection screen fields of view1 in some structure or globale variable..is that right..