cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how define SAP PI in smsy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I'm working with SAP Solution Manager 7.0 sp 15 and wit SAP PI (sap netweaver 2004 s).

I would know How I must define the PI system in SMSY.

I chose :

Product: SAP Netweaver

Product version: SAP Netweaver 2004s

Main Instance:

- Application server ABAP (in tab page "selection of main instance" -->"Also Installed")

- Application server Java (in tab page "selection of main instance" --> "Relavant")

- process integration PI/XI (in tab page "selection of main instance" -->: "Relevant")

Can anyone tell me if is it correct?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct. I have configured same way and working fine.

- Digesh Joshi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/diagnostics

Scroll down to "Tools in End-to-End Root Cause Analysis '

Select More guides in the Media Library...

Download the following guide "SAP Solution Manager Landscape Setup Guide " (not sure if this one is the latest one).

The latest one is:

End-to-End Root Cause Analysis

System Landscape Setup Guide

Version 2.10, February 2010

Now, for e2e to work, all systems MUST be read in from the sld. However, sometimes you need to adjust the main product and relevent components.

So, read in your systems from SLD. Check the values in SMSY against this manual. Edit the system where appropriate and save.

Bottom Line,

Main Product = Netweaver (plus your version)

Relevant Main Instances should be :

Application Server ABAP

Application Server Java

Process Integration

Hope it helps,

Johanna Doran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are referring to PI for Netweaver 04 as an XI system then I have defined my SAP XI 3.0 System as follows in SMSY.

Product: SAP Netweaver

Product Version: SAP Netweaver 2004

Main Instance:

Process Integration > Relevant

Application Server Java > Relevant and tick System Component and choose it.

I have created a System Component with <SID> of type Java in SMSY. This System Component is selected in 'Selection of Main Instances' tab.

This configuration needs to be correct in order for MOPZ to work and determine system components for your system, to download packages.

I agree it is not so clear as to how the system should be defined. See some additional questions I have posted with regards to the same issue for XI and BW systems. I cannot be 100% sure this is correct also but am searching for any notes/documentation to make it clear how to select this.

Hope it helps,

-Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recomend using SMSY-SETUP specifying SLD source. You'll need to run RZ70 to publish the ABAP configuration to your SLD and the nwa on the java side to publish its config. The SMSY entry this job creates is more complex than anything I could come up with manually.

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto