cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Acknowledgement from SAP PI to SAP R/3 Server

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am sending an IDOC from sap r/3 to SAP PI. After receiving the IDoc I need to send back one acknowledgement to the sap r/3 server, without reaching the target side. Could you guys please help me?

Thanks

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer to SAP document about this topic:

How to Handle Acknowledgments for IDoc (NW7.0)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df56eb

also refer to:

Note 777175 - IDoc adapter: Requesting acknowledgments

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default PI will generate an ALEAUD idoc message once receives an idoc from the R/3 system..

only thing you need to do is to configure the idoc reciever channel for sending back the acknowledgement...

and if you like not to recieve the same then you need to disable using Report idx_noale or using table IDX_NOALE

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks a big lot for your response. But I am doing IDoc to File scenario. You mean to say that once PI receives an IDOC from R/3 system it can send back an acknowledgement IDoc (ALEAUDIT) back to R/3 system. If my understanding is correct could you please tell me the steps required to do it.

Thanks in advance

Dipankar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it can send back an acknowledgement IDoc (ALEAUDIT) back to R/3 system

This configuration works for sending ACK message back to the Source system from the Target System and should not be mistaken to enable PI to generate the ACK and send back to the Source system.

What can be done is include the source system as receiver in the receiver determination (SAP system is both at the source and target....alongwith the existing FILE target service)......configure different ID objects for this Source > PI> Source ACK flow .... map required data in the mapping.....depending on your need you can use the target structure IDOC/ PROXY/ RFC.

Regards,

Abhishek.

0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Thanks for your contribution. Could you please go through the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b...

In section 3.2 it is written that I need to create only one receiver IDoc communication channel Do I need to create any other object apart from this receiver communication channel adapter?

Thanks in advance

Dipankar

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Finally I able to solve the problem. In PI server go to transaction sa38. type idx_noale and execute it. enter the required sender port and client, again execute. Enter Request acknowledgement button. Thats all you need to do.

Thanks

Dipankar