cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving subforms in adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed an adobe form, it has 3 subwindows.

Form structure is:

It has 3 pages:

Page 1 contains Subwindow 1. This is a fixed subform which always comes. This subfirn has 3 checkboxes.

Page 1 has subform 2 also.

page 2 has subform 3

page 3 has subform 4

When checkbox 1 is clicked, subform 1 appears

When checkbox 2 is clicked, subform 2 appears

When checkbox 3 is clicked, subform 3 appears

When all checkboxes are clicked togeather, all three subforms appears.

When checkbox 2 and checkbox 3 is clicked, then subform 3 and subform 4 appears on page 2 and page 3.

My requiernmrnt is, when checkbox 2 is clicked, then subform 3 should be displayd on page 1 instead of page 2.

How to achieve this funcionality?

Regards,

Ashish Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done..

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, did you resolve your problem? Maybe you can provide us with the solution and close the thread? Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

To achieve the required functionality in your form, set the Body Page Content to Flowed and Flow Direction to Top to Bottom and Subwindow 1 Content to Positioned and for other Subforms set Content type as Flowed and Flow Direction to Top to Bottom .

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janshi,

I tried the procdure as suggested by you. Somehow i am not able to achieve the functionality. Can you pls give some more details?

Regards,

Ashsih Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janshi,

I tried the procdure as suggested by you. Somehow i am not able to achieve the functionality. Can you pls give some more details?

Regards,

Ashsih Gupta

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have below form hierarchy then it won't work the way you want as you are already creating pages and in case you hide/unhide a subform, it will reflective in that respective page only.

form1
  |--Master Pages
    |--Page 1
      |--(untitled Content Area)
  |--(untitled subform) (page1)
      |-- SubWindow                  // This is a fixed Subform
         |-- CheckBox1
         |-- CheckBox2
         |-- CheckBox3
      |-- Subform2
  |--(untitled subform) (page2)
      |-- Subform3
  |--(untitled subform) (page3)
      |-- Subform4

So if you want to achieve effect of having Subform3 appearing on Page1 itself then you need to place Subform3 on Page1 itself. Place the Subform2,Subform3,Subform4 next to each other or however you want but all on Page1 itself.

Follow below form hierarchy and properties as mentioned against it.

form1
  |--Master Pages
    |--Page 1
      |--(untitled Content Area)
  |--(untitled subform) (page1)
      |-- SubWindow                  // This is a fixed Subform. Make the Content type as Positioned in Object palette.
         |-- CheckBox1
         |-- CheckBox2
         |-- CheckBox3
      |-- Subform2                 // Make the Content type as Flowed in Object palette.
      |-- Subform3                 // Make the Content type as Flowed in Object palette.
      |-- Subform4                 // Make the Content type as Flowed in Object palette.

I believe you already know how to hide/unhide the subforms through JavaScript/FormCalc.

Chintan