Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seperation of Post & Park transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that, I want to combine park & clearing transactions in one role and post transactions in other role.

I believe, the flaw with this type of design is that , users are able to post with clearing transactional access (i.e post button is getting enabled), this should not happen as per the req.

Please suggest your views on this, and provide any sap note if available on this.

Many thanks

AnilKat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an authorization object F_BKPF_BLA - Accounting Document: Authorization for Document Types. So in case that you have a set of document types which are used ONLY for posting with clearing then you can give users authorization for posting just for this set.

You can also use validations to perform additional authorization checks. So you can design your authorization object which will be additionally checked during posting with clearing. Again, you will have to tell which posting is with clearing.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the control objective that you want to achieve?

e.g. one set of users post, different users park.

0 Kudos

My objective is that,

My req is that, parking & clearing to be in 1 role and posting in other role, Here when I am combining clearing tcodes in parking, post button is getting enabled. (Client doesnt want this button to be enabled).

the person who is able to clear the documents should not post.Will this be suffice Alex..

Thankx

0 Kudos

Can you please specify the transactions in 1. Posting role 2. Parking/Clearing role?

If you are combining the roles then users will have full functionality.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an authorization object F_BKPF_BLA - Accounting Document: Authorization for Document Types. So in case that you have a set of document types which are used ONLY for posting with clearing then you can give users authorization for posting just for this set.

You can also use validations to perform additional authorization checks. So you can design your authorization object which will be additionally checked during posting with clearing. Again, you will have to tell which posting is with clearing.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way of solving this is to use a workflow API, and have your checks upfront in the application... but the actual posting in the end done by the "workflow engine" (default: user ID WF-BATCH).

Cheers,

Julius