cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile for Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We're thinking in develop some app. to Blackberry, and we thinking in use Netweaver to do this.

But, sometimes, our devices will be offline, and we need to continue using the applications... Exists on netweaver something to do this?! Something like a queue, that's sent when the blackberry be online again....

Or we can only develop online applications?!

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

You may able to create a offline senario in blackberry( BB), provided you need to use Netweaver mobile7.1 middleware,NWDS 7.1 CE. You develop your application and test it. Once this is thourgh try installing MINIDB, and mobile client into the BB. Create the deveice in the middleware and sync the application.(I did not use black berry device ,but used a Motorola device)

You may also create a online application through NWDS 7.1CE. Online application is same as the normal webdynpro application.

once this is created deploy it inthe server. I have used MDS for testinf purpose it did work fine. I did only a sample application.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad J

www.applexus.com

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

You may able to create a offline senario in blackberry( BB), provided you need to use Netweaver mobile7.1 middleware,NWDS 7.1 CE. You develop your application and test it. Once this is thourgh try installing MINIDB, and mobile client into the BB. Create the deveice in the middleware and sync the application.(I did not use black berry device ,but used a Motorola device)

You may also create a online application through NWDS 7.1CE. Online application is same as the normal webdynpro application.

once this is created deploy it inthe server. I have used MDS for testinf purpose it did work fine. I did only a sample application.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad J

www.applexus.com

gopal_jee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Glauber,

You are talking about JAVA and web dynpro which will cater for online application but for the offline scenario you need to do the development in the BlackBerry MDS studio.

The application developed in MDS studio will talk to the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) and in turn BES will talk to the DOE and message exchange happens.

Blackberry Application <> BES <> DOE

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using MDS Studio is NOT a good idea : RIM will end of life this product in a couple of weeks. More information : [End of Life Notice|http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/rapidappdev/eolnotice.jsp].

Regards,

Pierre

gopal_jee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Galuber,

Answer to your question is Yes, Technically we can create an application for your requirement in which devices are ocassionally connected.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Gopal...

But can I create an application in web dynpro, for example, that's work online and offline?!

Web Dynpro is a server side application... How can I use it in off line mode?!

We're thinking in use only JAVA to do it, but the first option is always use the SAP standard.

Thanks in advance...