SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we use MM01 or MM41 single articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following dilemma. My client is a group of companies, some sell retail fashion products, others sell electronics products. For the latter or in general terms for all non-retail articles (e.g. services), should we use MM01 or should we use MM41 and ATTYP = '00' (i.e. single article materials)?

We are on ECC 6.0 and it seems to me that we can use both (I think in older versions, transaction MM01 could not be used). I just want to know if one of those is recommended by SAP?

Thanks & Regards,

Sotiris Chantzis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sotoris,

please be aware that - as far as I know - materials created with MM01 cannot be processed with MM42/MM43 and cannot be used in special Retail-functionality such as allocation table. Therefore I would recommend MM41 to create single articles if you need Retail-functionality.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to keep retail articles (maintained via MM41/42) AND materials (maintained via MM01/MM02).

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sotoris,

please be aware that - as far as I know - materials created with MM01 cannot be processed with MM42/MM43 and cannot be used in special Retail-functionality such as allocation table. Therefore I would recommend MM41 to create single articles if you need Retail-functionality.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to keep retail articles (maintained via MM41/42) AND materials (maintained via MM01/MM02).

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Actually the materials maintained with MM01 would b used in other companies and other processes, therefore not in any retail functionality.

Otherwise we use MM41 and single article.

Sotiris