cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple line items in file-to-file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to implement a file-to-file scenario in which there are multiple line items in the input file .

It works fine for one line item but gives a mapping exception for multiple line items..

Can anybody plz help me to solve da prob?

Thanx nd Regards ,

Srestha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paste the exact mapping exception that is been thrown in the testtab in message mapping editor..we will be able to help u..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use split by value for every element in the item node.it works ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya ,

I tried including split by value for all the elements in the item node but still it does not work..

Please help...

Thanx nd Regards,

Srestha

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the occurence of item..there is some gap there..what is ur target structure?

Header_>0..unbounded

Item->1...

then u have to use split by value when u map each line item and one header has to be produced for every line item..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya ,

Thanx a lot...My message mapping s workin fine now after i used split by value but there is another problem now..

The second line item is not reflected in the output file at all.It only has the first line item..

Please help..

Thanx and regards ,

Srestha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since u r doing an multi mapping u might have to use BPM or use RB_Split which does the spliting or collect all the split files and sends it to the output so that u can find all the line items in ur output file.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If exception occurs for multiple line item then change the occurance of the record structure as o...unbounded.

see which record structure is occuring multiple time,according to that change the occurance of the record structure.

regards

jithesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srestha,

<i>It works fine for one line item but gives a mapping exception for multiple line items..</i>

Check the occurence of the source and target. Can you give us the Source and target messages , so that the error can be traced out.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh and Sravya ,

The mapping in integartaion repository fails when i test it with the input file. The error thrown is

Cannot produce target element /ns0:MT_MAPPING_TARGET/HEADER[2]/ITEM. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd Cannot produce target element /ns0:MT_MAPPING_TARGET/HEADER[2]/ITEM. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd

The input file looks like this :

<ns0:MT_MAPPING_SOURCE xmlns:ns0="http://mapping">

<HEADER>

<MATNO>100-200</MATNO>

<MATDESC>Fly wheel</MATDESC>

</HEADER>

<ITEM>

<MATNO>100-300</MATNO>

<ITEMNO>10</ITEMNO>

<MATGROUP>1000</MATGROUP>

<MATTYPE>PENCIL</MATTYPE>

<PLANT>1000</PLANT>

</ITEM>

<ITEM>

<MATNO>100-400</MATNO>

<ITEMNO>20</ITEMNO>

<MATGROUP>1000</MATGROUP>

<MATTYPE>PENCIL</MATTYPE>

<PLANT>1000</PLANT>

</ITEM>

</ns0:MT_MAPPING_SOURCE>

Sravya...I have defined the data types as per your blog...

Please help me solve this problem.

Thanx and Regards,

Srestha