Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of Network Profile against Project Profile

eytan_hamou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to monitor the creation of Networks with regard to the Project Profile, based on the Network Profile, so that when a Network is created with Profile "ZCN00", for example,it could be saved only if the Project Profile is "ZPS000" (taken from the Project Definition to which the Network is assigned).

I have used Validation/Substitution for similar logic regarding WBS elements against Project definition, but I cannot use Validation/Substitution for Network Header for this purpose because the Project Profile is not accessible in the Data for this Validation.

I have also tried Validation/Substitution in "Consistency check project structure" where all data is accessible - but validations here cannot be assigned in customizing to various profiles (Project/Network); as stated in thread "Validation for Proj. structure" in this forum, these can be activated using transactions CNC4, CNC5.

This does not solve my problem because I need to PREVENT the creation of a Network in the "wrong" Project - and not to trace the inconsistency AFTER the network has been created.

Is there a way to use the Consistency check project structure for my need without any other means, or do I have to use one of the exits provided in that tool?

Thanks in advance,

Eytan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think there is anything standard way for this. Of course you can put the network profile in the project profile, but this does not stop the user form using other network profiles.

Try BADI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE

You could also set to display the network profile field via SE51 - check the program and screen name - mind you this would be modification - that way the setting from project profile cannot be changed

eytan_hamou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will try using the Badi you suggested. As for SE51, this will not be of use to me - I will not apply a modification if there is another, simpler solution.

I think it may be possible to a validation or substitution for a Network combined with a user exit, if not a consistency check for project structure - which is exactly what I am trying to achieve.

Regards,

Eytan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

eytan_hamou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your reply.

In our work processes, there is a main function who creates and manages the Project Structure, excluding Networks, and in many cases, certain people may work on several different projects where they create networks, so I cannot limit their authorization to specific profiles, be it Project definitions or networks.

I know my issue can easily be solved by a simple development (like the Badi suggested in Virendra's message)- but I want to make sure I have covered the possibilities in the standard system - specifically VSR - before I go there.

Regards,

Eytan.