Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content type for soap messages

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm picking up a file via nfs, taking the content of the file and i'm trying to send the content via SOAP to a Webservice. i'm encountering the foloowing error message in the comm. channel monitoring:

SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN

So how/where can i set TEXT/XML in XI 3.0? Or did i made another misconfiguration where i'm not aware of? Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the quick answers.

The Werbservice is MS CRM Dynamics. The "GUI" is still working. so the webservice is active and alive.

I want to query the CRM, so i sent a fetch statement to file, which is being picked up and sent as SOAP message to the webservice.

With point 6 in the mentioned blog the error message in the rwb is gone now, but the message in SXMB_MONI is flagged red and i'm struggling to finfd out what the next error is....may be someone can point out where to look at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens when target system does not reply with a proper SOAP enveloppe (http error, system down, etc)! Have you checked RWB and other monitoring tools to see what happened ?

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This indicates the Web Service was not even called - this is caused by a response from the server itself, which is not a valid SOAP response and therefore cannot be understood by the SOAP adapter.

Can you connect to the endpoint using something like XMLSPY or WS Navigator ?

Cheers

Colin.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Check point 6 in this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Ravi