cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Status of newly added project objects for a RELEASED Project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

During the course of execution of project, we may need to add new activities.

However, as the project is released, the newly added activtity or project object attains REL status.

How to ensure CRTD status for the newly created object so that can ensure subsequent release by Higher Authority.

I think user status may be useful here but i do not know how to set. Please suggest feasible solution.

Warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Release status is PS pass on for PS Objects. So, Create two no. of Level one WBS Element in your PS Structure. One for which you want release that structure you create under that WBS and Second WBS don't Release and use the same leg for your created status structuring.

And do not Release Project Definition, Let it be max. PREL only, Till your structuring process is over.

I think User status cannot help you in this case. ( Because user status reside between the System Status )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Thanks for the solution.

Can I provide a user status for newly added activity, which prevents planning and posting costs?

warm regards

ramSiva

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now your Activity have system status REL and and you wanted to restrict planning & Cost posting that is possible. Just make forbid appropriate Business transaction

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Thank you

Can you eloborate the procedure for prohibit business transactions.

warm regards

ramSiva

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi refer below link, in the last link detailed doc. along with screen shot is also given in Chandra's reply

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I was going to thru your reply for creating two WBS at level 1 so that created structuring can be maintained under it. Can you please carify me how the sales order assignment will take place in this case. If we assign that WBS which we released intially then posted cost against other WBS will not be available in billing.

Can you please elaborate the process for my better understanding.

regards

Alok Mittal

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, if both WBS are at level one and only One WBS is billing in that case cost posted to others will not be available for billing. if possible, you can give control of creation of new activity , who has authorization of approve / release the same.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Shall test and revert in a new thread, if any queries exist.