cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItemListBox fixed size possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm using 2 Itemlistboxes to select Elements from one and put them into another. The first has many items and i fixed the visible elements to 10 for both . I want both of them to be displayed with the same size, but anytime I insert elements in the second box it automatically resizes. Is there a way to set the height fix to 10 elements even if there are less inserted instead of doing a workaround by adding empty elements myself 'til I got 10?

Thx and regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Cannot confirm for sure that this is impossible, but anyway you can always use Table instead of ItemListBox and have fixed height in number of rows.

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Now I've tested this control at work -- seems that "visibleItems" property is handled incorrectly, i.e. ignored. I guess, you have to submit a bug -- either list box must have a fixed height in rows or "visibleItems" should be renamed to "maxVisibleItems", because it is current behavior

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery

Sure you're right, should really be named "maxVisibleItems" For now I've been doing a workaround by adding empty elements 'til the list is at proper size, but handling new inputs and removals is a pain, guess I'll write a little helper class to take care of that if there's no other solution for this prob by now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Still my advise is not to polute controller code with ad-hoc elements insertion/removal but rather use Table control and switch back to ItemsListBox after bug fix.

VS