cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP optimizer scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a scenario is which products of 5 colors exist, but due to some planning constraints products of "any three colors" can only be produced.

Can any one suggest how to map this scenario using SNP optimizer?

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You can map your scenario by grouping products based on different

colours and carrying out planning at the grouped level.

you can prioritize customer demands and demands with high volume.

In this way, you can ensure, for example, that demands from important

customers or from customers with a high service level are covered by

the SNP optimizer first.

Since the SNP optimizer searches on the basis of costs for the solution

with the lowest costs, you can influence the prioritization of demands

by assigning correspondingly high penalty costs for non-delivery or

delay to the customer demands and to the demands with high volume.

These demands are then prioritized by the SNP optimizer. If you want to

create a profit-oriented plan that considers both the costs and the revenue,

you can specify the actual prices of the products as the penalty costs for

non-delivery of the products.

Moreover, the SNP optimizer can generate proposals for capacity reservation

in Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS). In this way, the

demands that you prioritized in the SNP optimizer can be planned as priority

in PP/DS too.

By this way, the group of products (colours) having huge demand (or any

other constraint mentioned in the system) will be planned dropping the other

demand. Resources needs to be mapped accordingly based on the group of

colours that are targetted.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Can u further explain how to create groups and how SNP Optimizer will plan only for one group per day.

We do not have scenario of giving priorities to any particular demand (i.e. customers), but at one day only 3 color products can be manufactured because of vendor constraint. Since above is the requirement we can not give priority to any particular model by assigning high cost. May be we would like to prioritize groups as suggested by you. But not sure how to do that.

Also, what changes in the resource master will require to satisfy above requirement.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Can u further explain how to create groups and how SNP Optimizer will plan only for one group per day.

We do not have scenario of giving priorities to any particular demand (i.e. customers), but at one day only 3 color products can be manufactured because of vendor constraint. Since above is the requirement we can not give priority to any particular model by assigning high cost. May be we would like to prioritize groups as suggested by you. But not sure how to do that.

Also, what changes in the resource master will require to satisfy above requirement.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no constraint in terms of the demand of the product

then you can create variant for three products on daily basis and run the optimizer.

But for what functionality the Optimizer is required so that i will be able to think in terms of the actual requirement.

Rgds

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

There is capacity constraint like only 90 demand elements can be satisfied per day or total 90 planned orders. Then certain products can be planned to some max limit e.g 60 nos. we have mapped it with secondary resource.

Now requirement is out of all FG, only 3 can be produced per day.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

There is capacity constraint like only 90 demand elements can be satisfied per day or total 90 planned orders. Then certain products can be planned to some max limit e.g 60 nos. we have mapped it with secondary resource.

Now requirement is out of all FG, only 3 can be produced per day.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaibhav

hope ur doing good.

You can try modelling it by using one more secondary resource bucket resource ..........

since thr are 5 colors define 5 bucket resources

Each having a bucket capacity of 30 and the bucket being a day. (the total capacity being 90)

choose active variantt as 2 which incurs cost for non utilisation of resource.

in the capacity profile of variant 2 put cost in terms of color priority ... ( let the logic be max vol max cost)

Now when u run optimizer in the immediate horizon the highest 3 non production cost vehicles will be pulled

so in a way u might see a production of 30 each min of top 3 colors.

and to rotate the colors u can change the cost along the horizon in the capacity profile ....

lets say 5 colors and every day each color has highest cost of non production.

I think if the demand is sufficient for all the colors it should work fine for a horizon of couple of weeks as optimizer

will pull the demand from future and try to make them according to the minimum production penalty cost.

i would also be in a way predefining the day wise production volumes and trying to cut the optimizer logic

Rest i am sure this is not going to fulfill ur requirement completely..... ....

....Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am doing good, hope you are also fine.

I think I have told you wrong information about capacity limitation for each color. There can be as many vehicles as demand for each color can be planned. But there should be vehicles of only three colors should get planned per day. And total should be 90.

We are trying to use secondary resource and limit the production but still not get through the desired results. We also tried to control it from DP, and release forecast as desired to SNP. But that is also having some issues.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vaibhav

is the requirement that single color can go up till 60 and all put together not more than 90 with 3 color max limitation in a day.

if that it try the secondary bucket resourse with min capacity utilisation as 30/90*100 % and capacity as 60. i think the optimizer will assign an internal cost by itself to achieve the min %age utilisation and also not limit the single color production to 30 rather will go till 60 or 90 as defined in the capacity.

Check it out if it is able to help u in some way, though i am not very sure about the internal cost assignment.

Do let me know if it helps.

-Virender