cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Creation of Order from Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As all of us are aware we can create notification automatically on creation of order, through Order/Notification integration setting in SPRO.

Is it possible to create Order automatically on creation of Notification in standard SAP ?? Pls confirm.

Thanks in advance,

Talanki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can probably look into Follow up functions for Notification to create an order automatically when the notification is created.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that would probably work, as would kicking-off a secondary process in QQMA0014 (and probably a few more options too..)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. this I am aware of. But if you refer the config node ' Assign Notification types to Order types', IMG documentation specifies following (in ECC 6.0)

"important note

If you want orders to be generated automatically from notifications, internal number assignment must be defined for the order type concerned.",

this implies that automatic order generation from notification is possible. and also in the same documentation it is not specified that assignments made through the node is Default assignment. Hence I got the doubt.

Is this functionality in pipeline from SAP. Can anyone throw some more light??

Thanks

TALANKI

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it is for order creating in the background which is created by the above said procedure ,hence internal numbering is mandatory .

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any standard foreground or background processes that create an order from a notification??

I can't think of any..

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam just refering the menu options .from the Notification header screen from menu PM notification>Order>Create>Background

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I see now.

I still can't think of any standard processes that automatically create an order from a notification..

Can you?

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i also doubt the same thing.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Option given in ECC6.0 cration of order from notificaton automatically by direct and background

With this option you can create the order from notification provided you need to update all the data in notificatin like funcitnal location/equipment/workcentre( so that it will fetch all the data from this master data while creating)

then if you select the PM notification>function>order >create direct or create backgroup option then order will be created but it will throw in pop up saying details of order type and planning plant.. if you say ok...then order will be created in foreground. if you select backgroud also it will throw popup if you say ok it will create the order in back ground.

For this you need to do the customization setting assigining the order type to notifiction so that it will automatically fetch the order type aganit the notification while creating the order.

regards

Krishna

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree it can be done that way, but this isn't automatic...

I could just as easily press the "create order" button.

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to create order automatically ,once the notification is created in standard SAP. Kindly check whether any user exit is there.

you can create order in background by using the menu options ,Notification>Funtions>order>create in background

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this isn't possible in standard.

You will need to develop something

PeteA