Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

could any one clear this points for me

i am using Mobile netweaver 7.1 .... i don't have any previous version of MI

could i use for example MDSD 3.0 or XMAM30 xapps and migrate them using migration guide

is there any configuration for the developer studio except the MDK pluggins??

have any one migrate the MDSD or MAM before ???

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MAM application has been migrated by some customers from 7.0 to 7.1 using backward compatibility.

SAP does not support MAM in 7.1.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

MAM has been, and can be migrated to 7.1, the guide will help you thro migration of any applications from the older MI version.

mDSD can only be migrated to 7.11 (i.e. 7.1 EhP1)

If you have the mDSD 4.0 application (which is in ramp-up), you can install it in 7.11, and also import any custom sync-bos from your old MI installation.

Have a look at the migration guide for Mobile EhP 1 for 7.1 from here:[http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/docu_nw_71_design.htm#m711]

Section 5.1c is specifically for mDSD.

I assume it should be possible to import your entire mDSD 3.0 into 7.11 but that would mean a lot of new data objects being created and changes to them which you will need to do. Plus you will not have application support, and none of the new features that mDSD 4.0 provides.

Note this: mDSD works via 'Distribution Packages' in 7.11 (not the regular Data Object/DM way).

My suggestion is: Get mDSD 4.0 (you'll probably have to apply to be included as a ramp-up customer for mDSD4. I dont exactly know how to do that. Service Marketplace is probably where you should go to do it) and migrate only your custom syncBOs if you have any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do not see EHP1 for mobile netweaver 7.1 in Marktplace

there are an EHP1 for netweaver CE and netweaver PI only

is EHP1 for mobile netweaver 7.1 in rump up also ??

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NW Mobile 7.11 is still not released to customers and it will enter ramp-up soon along with mDSD4.0 in the coming days.

But additional features present in Mobile 7.11 when compared to 7.10 are used only by mDSD and MDS applications and hence we do not recommend 7.11 for standalone customers. So, 7.11 Mobile release is mainly for use by mDSD and MDS customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could any one help me in MAM migration

i have import the .war file to NWDS (XMAM30_eclipse.war)

but when import the MBO ... it fails

my guide in migration is http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1c38d-3da6-2a10-7fb5-ae1f7173f...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

What do you mean by it fails?

Where does it fail? NWDS or DOE?

What is the error message it shows?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

it fails in NWDS

the problem in details as follow :

- i have download the MAM from SMP

- and create a new SWCV in DOE with backward compatability and import the MAM_3_0_ML_090_SD_SyncBo_def.TXT which located in MAM\syncbo\2005 and activate all Data object and Backend adap. in SWCV

- and in NWDS , i have adjust the MDK plug-in and import the .war file from MAM\Client_Eclipse ..... there are another *.war file located at MAM\Client ... i do not know which one to use

- and import the MBO with model package com.sap ... but i got a message "import faild"

is what i do is right ... or i do something wrong .... after migration i can deploy MAM in PDA or in Laptop only??

Former Member
0 Kudos

has any one migrate the MAM application to 7.1 and could share his experience ?

thanks for your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

could any one help

Former Member
0 Kudos

- and import the MBO with model package com.sap ... but i got a message "import faild"

Did you try with a different package than com.sap already? Cause there seems to be an automatically created, equally named (equal to the name of file due to be generated) file at com.sap?

I also do not exactly know what is going on here, but perhaps this hint help you....