cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI DB is growing..how to delete messages in DB??

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

our XI Db is growing and i want to delete the messgaes in DB..is there any report to do??

-

Reorganization Status of XI Messages in the Database

Overview

=========

Retention periods and message and adapter status ignored in the following

Number of messages in DB: 880.600

Number of messages in client: 880.612

Number of messages in client still to be reorganized: 880.613

Delete

=======

Number of messages to be flagged for deletion

Message and adapter status is ignored in the following

- Asynchr. msgs not in retention period (can be deleted): 133.540

- Asynchr. msgs in retention period (cannot be deleted): 466.438

Message and adapter status is considered in the following

- Asynchronous messages without errors to be flagged: 27.191

Message and adapter status is ignored in the following

- Synchr. msgs not in retention period (can be deleted): 29.862

- Synchr. msgs in retention period (cannot be deleted): 113.408

Message and adapter status is considered in the following

- Synchronous messages without errors to be flagged: 29.858

- Synchronous messages with errors to be flagged: 4

Number of messages already flagged for deletion

- Messages to be deleted: 0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanandana Edi...

Please go through my Blog & Wiki to implement Archive/Delete procedure in PI environment.

/people/chandra.kanimenisp4z121a122b/blog/2009/12/16/pi-archiving-and-delete

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

I have gone through your blog and it is very useful. I hava a small question. In my Xi system the table SXMSCLUR is smail but in my ECC system the table SXMSCLUR is growing rapidly. what should i do to reduce the size. The delete job is already running in ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just have a look at the below links:

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2009/01/14/deletion-and-archiving-in-pi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make use of Archiving and Deletion procedure:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236f50&override...

You can even refer to this thread on ways to avoid Db getting full:

Regards,

Abhishek.

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abishek

i have schedue the archiving jobs as per the note 872388 ..but my Db is getting bigger and specially SAPSR3 T.space is getting bugger ..need to know how to dlete messages which says "Number of messages in client still to be reorganized: 906.169" from DB..appreciate a way in deleteing theese messages..

Number of messages in DB: 906.169

Number of messages in client: 906.169

Number of messages in client still to be reorganized: 906.169

regards

Nawa

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to set up archiving and deletion as suggested above there are a few reports you can run (since archiving and deletion only considers messages in a final state).

To release messages in unarchivable statuses: http://host:port/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp

Schedule following reports weekly (depending on your error handling and reporting procedures for your system this might not be possible in your production system):

RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES

RSXMB_CANCEL_NO_COMMIT_MSG

RSXMB_CANCEL_NOT_REST_MESSAGES

RSXMB_CHECK_ITFACTION

RSWF_XI_INSTANCES_DELETE

SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS

In addition you have the following reports dealing with enabling messages for archiving deletion

u2022 RSWI_REGENERATE_WI2OBJ (uncheck u201CDisplay modeu201D and set for relevant dates)

u2022 SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS - Success: all msg with adapter status 001 changed to 006 (archivable)

u2022 RSWF_XI_UNUSED_MSGS (recommended not to run in production to avoid loosing data)

RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS shows number of messages scheduled for archiving/deletion

RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS shows number of messages per message status, and adapter status for messages with message status = 003 (Processed successfully)

RSXMB_CHECK_MSG_QUEUE fixes inconsistencies by changing the message statuses 001, 009, 012 and 016 to 014/021.

Hope this helps!

Br,

Kenneth

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Keneth

as you have mentioned in your post that not to used in Ptroduction system , what can i do with theese reports ? appreciate if you could provide me some solution which i could implemnt on PRD system..

also i have noticed that SWW_WI2OBJ table is having 4.161.312 entries.. to delete theese entries from this table can i use SWWL?

is there any implecations on using this on PRD system?

Regards

Buddhike

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Buddhike,

My point was to highlight that you would need to be sure you are not disturbing anything in your production environment when executing these reports. I have used these reports in several systems with success, including prod systems. But you might have requirements that you for instance need to keep errored messages for a certain amount of time in your message database, then running these reports will make the messages available for archiving which removes the message from the operative database. But in many cases this will be fine.

Yes, you can run SWWL to clean up work items. Again, if you are sure that no-one uses these work items (as part of some error handling workflow for instance) you can delete them. Such a high number of work items suggests that they are not critical to your business, otherwise I would guess they had been processed already.

Just my 2 cents.

-Kenneth

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keneth

you 2 cents is more than a million to me ):- ok as you said will run theese on a off peak time ..may be on a weekend ..also what if i archive the SWWL , work items than deleting theese ( Tables SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR) ?

if i delete theese work iteams through SWWL , will that have a impact on the interfases? hope this tables only storing allready contraolled work iteam , and deleting theese work iteasm wont affect on on going business..

appreciate your comemnts on this since i need to ease the DB

Regards

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keneth

you 2 cents is more than a million to me ):- ok as you said will run theese on a off peak time ..may be on a weekend ..also what if i archive the SWWL , work items than deleting theese ( Tables SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR) ?

if i delete theese work iteams through SWWL , will that have a impact on the interfases? hope this tables only storing allready contraolled work iteam , and deleting theese work iteasm wont affect on on going business..

Regards

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keneth

Regards

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

The work item would most probably have no effect on your interfaces, at least I cannot think of a reason why this should affect your integration scenarios on a technical level.

-Kenneth