cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOQ (Bill of Quantities) Concept needs to be Mapped in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is into construction industry; their business process is to get the contract by submitting the quotation with the BOQ (Bill of Quantities) and per quantity price. Here the BOQ Line Item is innumerable.

As of now they follow 2 types of contracts.

1. Lump sum Project: In this type customers are billed against in terms of percentage of completion.

2. Re-measurable: Here the billing will be raised against actual work performed at the site.

My part in this scenario is to take care of the Sales & Distribution part. I didnu2019t get any clue to map this process in SAP. It would be a huge help if anyone who has mapped similar kind of process gives suggestions on this.

Regards,

Saravanaa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a sales order with a billing plan and enter the % as per the work done and invoice it.So every time when ever they want to create invoice they have to enter the % and invoice it.

Otherwise you can use RRB to bill on the basis of actual cost but the POC will be different than actual cost spend ...

For progress they can use progress analyis in PS .

Thanks,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you pls suggest me how should i create the Sales Quotation for this Project? Should I use DP81 for creating quotation referring Inquiry ?

Should I upload the BOQ Line Items ( Which is more than 1000) in inquiry itself?

Could you pls suggest me?

Regards,

Saravanaa

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saravanan

If you are create using DP81, if you are creating inquiry, otherwise you can run DP82. But before you create quotation, your project cost plan should be ready & also your DIP profile should be configured. You can use this DIP profile either in inquiry or else in project.

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to see whether the requirement call be fulfilled through standard SAP or not.

We have 2 options to create quotations from projects:

1.DP81:Here you need to inquiry and then link it with project and do sales pricing.

2.DP82:Here you don't need to create sales inquiry .Create a project and do the cost planning either ECP/Network and run DP82 to create quotations.

But SAP is not that flexible in Tendering phase so most companies have an external tool for this purpose that is integrated with SAP .

Thanks,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is to deal with BOQ only. Since it is huge in size i cannot suggest the user to enter it manually in Inquiry or Quotation. Hence I have no other option except going for uploading functionality.

Based on the actual work performed I need to configure the system to raise the billing. (I don't know how)

Pls suggest me if any other option to satisfy this requirement.

Regards,

Saravanaa

Edited by: Saravanan Sevugaperumal on Dec 14, 2009 10:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You try Resource Related Billing on the basis of actual cost.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My Scenario is BOQ (Bill of Quantities) will be submitted by the client to the contracting company. The Same BOQ will be sumitted back to client along with the selling prices, on monthly basis the construction will be remeasured and actual work preformed will be billed against the client. (Billing will be raised based on the agreed unit rate in the BOQ ).

Number of line items in the BOQ are unlimited. Each Line Item has to be created as Service Item in SAP. Uploading functionality can be adopted to upload the BOQ into Sales Documents along with the Price. But problem here is don't really know how to confirm and track the quantities performed at the client site.

Is there any functionality available to satisfy this requirement?

Please guide me.

Regards

Saravanaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The better approach was to bill to the customer as lump sump by creating one service material with the total contract value and invoice it as per the % and submit the BOQ with other details along with this invoice.

But if you want to go for line item billing then do the following :

1.Create a Sales order with the Line items as per the BOQ and link with the WBSE.

2.Maintain price for each line item .

f you want to create invoice monthly then go to VA02 enter the billing % in billing plan as per the progress you have calculated in excel or in sap or some other tool .So you can analyse anytime by checking the sales order about the % billed to the customer.

Regards,

Muzamil

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try SAP for EC&O...this is the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d7/1f4b36ea16571be10000009b38f889/frameset.htm,

here you have BOS(Bill of Servies) ie., BOQ which can be used in SD process. Have a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

Thanks for the response.

I agreed with what you have suggested. BOQ will be uploaded into Sales Documents along with the prices from the EXCEL Template. But I am not so clear on what you have said with regards to billing the line items.

For Instance there are 400 Line items in BOQ. Once the remeasure is done on the construction at the end of the first month, actual performed work in terms of BOQ will be used for creating the Billing document. Out of 400 Items 150 items have been actually performed and the construction company required to raise the billing against the client/customer at the agreed per unit rate. Problem is end user cannot select the 150 items out of 400 easily and also there is no option available to confirm the items are performed.

Hope I have explained it clearly.

Pls advice on the above situation.

Regards,

Saravanaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamad,

Thanks for the reply.

My client is using SAP ECC 6.0 not the Industry specific DIMP system. Bills of Services concept is only available with the Industry specific system not with the ECC. 6.0.

Regards,

Saravanaa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially you will create a sales order for 400 line items.

Now this month you want to raise an invoice for 150 Line items with the rates as you have agreed with customer ....

So go to VA02 change the % in billing plan Line item wise and remove the Billing block for 150 Line items only so while you create an invoice for this sales order only 150 Line items will come into the invoice with the % you have mentioned .

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use an BDC for this purpose.Change this sales order with the % by using BDC.

Muzamil