cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic email of reports after the transaction has been executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a SAP Basis solution to have the generated report of any transaction, to be emailed automatically after the transaction has been run.

OR

Does this compulsorily require ABAP programming?

The SCOT etc is already configured and emails from SAP to external mail addresses are working.

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thank you,

Zaheer Shaikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.

I have an approach, although it can't be considered automatic solution, but it is applicable. (but honestly for me it is too complex for me as BASIS)

first you should predefine (all) background job from SM36 that runs specific program with specific variant. when you define, on spool list recipient, you can manage user/ external address/ distribution lists that can receive output from background job, both to their SAP Inbox or to specified email address. once report run, it will automatically send the result to the specified recipients.

weak point : can monitor only for predefined (background) job, means new job will be new task for BASIS to define spool list recipients. another weakness, limits the user for executing report (background) by themself, so they will rely on BASIS everytime they need a report.

another approach is a possibility of centralization for report generation, so that BASIS execute and able to control what report is generated out of SAP. weak point : complex enough for BASIS to maintain many jobmany programsmany variant.

hope it help you,

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wim & Alfonsus,

Thank you for your guidance.

Thank you,

Zaheer Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

I don't know what is your purpose to notify you everytime a transaction is executed.

Anyway, if you want to know "who is doing what", you can see get this report from transaction STAD, submit username, transaction or program, start time you wish to monitor user activity, and increment time of monitor reading. It will work for both SAP standard program or Z-program. I think it is sufficient to meet your needs.

but if you want as you explained, for Z-program you can ask you ABAP to add modification once transaction executed, it will call certain function modules that generate or ignite email to specific person. this work by means of SCOT transaction. but it has limitation which is for SAP standard program.

hope it help you,

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alfonsus,

Thank you for your reply.

Your interpretation of my question is not right. I asked if it is possible to send by email the REPORT generated by a transaction. Many functional transactions are present which generate the reports. What I wish to know is if we can automatically have this report emailed when the transaction is run for the report generation.

For eg tx = F150 => Dunning report

Thank you,

Zaheer Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is important to know if the report runs in background yes or no.

If yes there is no problem, you can use the "Spool list recipient" function in the background job to send to spool result via a mail to a set of users.

This goes automatically without programmation, you only need to set up a distribution list with e-mail addresses and use this DL in your job definition SM36/SM37 :

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendSpoollistofbackgroundjobtoSAPinbox|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendSpoollistofbackgroundjobtoSAPinbox]

If your transaction runs in foreground and after the report has been displayed on the screen you want to send out the mail you have to look for a BADI or user exit in your transaction.

Maybe there exist a BADI or user exit after generation of the report, of course you then need extra ABAP code to create a mail based on the report result.

A third option is to send the mail manually once the report has been generated via System->Send, of course this requires a supplementary manual action.

I hope this helps.

Wim