cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOQ (Bill of Quantities) Concept needs to be Mapped in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is into construction industry; their business process is to get the contract by submitting the quotation with the BOQ (Bill of Quantities) and per quantity price. Here the BOQ Line Item is innumerable.

As of now they follow 2 types of contracts.

1. Lump sum Project: In this type customers are billed against in terms of percentage of completion.

2. Re-measurable: Here the billing will be raised against actual work performed at the site.

My part in this scenario is to take care of the Sales & Distribution part. I didnu2019t get any clue to map this process in SAP. It would be a huge help if anyone who has mapped similar kind of process gives suggestions on this.

Regards,

Saravanaa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarvanan,

Lumpsum and Unit rate billing can be achieved in BOS -Bill of service closely integrated with PS. Use strategy type 70 to create project thru sales order and estimate project rough estimate thru ECP and use DIP for resource related quotation. I am not sure if Bill of quantity in ECO scenario can be mapped in it regular form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vix,

Thanks for the reply.

Thing is we are working on ECC 6.0, I guess the BOS option is available only in Industry specific system Engg, Construction & Operations.

I need to configure the BOQ concept in normal process.

Regards,

Saravanaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally Contruction / Engg companies uses Milestone Billing with integration with Project Systems to meet the requirement.

BOQ is ideally not the measuring scale for billing. BOQ is more with prospect to procurement.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my previouse project we developed the BOQ because its functionality can not be mapped in Standard.

BOQ is more relevant to Purchasing than billing where all material (all component need to purchase accordingly) but most of time we bill only the header e.g ligh fixture is a header material which you need to bill to customer but as per BOQ u have to purchase the all component. We have developed a module pool (Screen) with different coloumns for cost, tax, margin etc. these things will be compare with your purchase order for cost comparision, there was indicator for header material (billable) which is getting connected with sales order (through user exit) with billing coloumns of BOQ.

hope it will give u some clarity for developing BOQ

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My Scenario is BOQ (Bill of Quantities) will be submitted by the client to the contracting company. The Same BOQ will be sumitted back to client along with the selling prices, on monthly basis the construction will be remeasured and actual work preformed will be billed against the client. (Billing will be raised based on the agreed unit rate in the BOQ ).

Number of line items in the BOQ are unlimited. Each Line Item has to be created as Service Item in SAP. Uploading functionality can be adopted to upload the BOQ into Sales Documents along with the Price. But problem here is don't really know how to confirm and track the quantities performed at the client site.

Is there any functionality available to satisfy this requirement?

Please guide me.

Regards

Saravanaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get any update on the topic posed ?