cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Message Test Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

when i create a support message in my Testplan it does go directly to the service desk. Before it was also listed in the list of support messages in the testpackage of the transaction. Now it does not show up anymore, only in service desk. Therefore it also does not show up in the testreport when created. Is it one of the BC_sets that have been activated?

I would like to have the support message in both lists. What can I do any ideas?

Thanks for helping

Miriam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam,

We are setting up Test management in SolMan in order to use it. We are stucked with creating support messages and attaching them to the Test Cases (during the execution of the test case).

As we are new in all this I am kindly asking if you can provide me some documentation in setting it up or some hints from your side (experience from previous projects), that would be great.

Regards,

Nikolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolina,

you can also use the Testnotes if you only want the comments to be included in the Testreport later on. All Testnotes do get copied in the Testdocument when it is generated.

For the support messages you have to make sure that the testuser hast the role general BP with external identification number. And of course the tester has to have the righ authorizations. If you do not have a service desk implemented the support messages are still available in the testcase. When creating the testreport the support message number will be shown in the according test step.

If you have any further question I will be glad to help if I can.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam,

thanks for quick response.

We are using Testnotes for completnes of the Test Cases (actual test results are maintained in Testnotes), so we would really use support meages to collect all issues. We are fiiguring out the BP set up and we create a message but we cannot see it in Message Tab for that Test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolina,

as you can see in the original post i did in fact have the same problem. When I created the support messages I was able to see them in support desk but not in the Testplan. Funny thing is I never found out what the problem was. I just logged off and on and there it was they just showed up in my testplan, but I never changed anything...I am sorry to disappoint you but it seems that I cannot help you with this. I hope the problem resolves just like it did on my system.

Regards

Miriam