Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a file from Windows FTP directory to another windows FTP directory

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

My requirement is - One file ABC.xml is placed at Windows FTP location, i need to move this file to another directory of Windows FTP location before XI picks up a file, using module written using NWDS.

Is this requirement is feasible?

Can we solve this problem using module developed in NWDS.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> My requirement is - One file ABC.xml is placed at Windows FTP location, i need to move this file to another directory of Windows FTP location before XI picks up a file, using module written using NWDS.

At least till now it is not possible. As I suggested you before in your previous threads that you need to create a script for this job. For adapter doing the thing out of XI box is not possible, it can handle the things within the XI box.

> Is this requirement is feasible?

No.

> Can we solve this problem using module developed in NWDS.

No.

The only solution I can see is writing a script, just talk to your BASIS team for the same. Or as suggested above create another scenario which will move files from one FTP location to other.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is really simple. you only need the following in the Integration Directory:

Sender communication channel

Sender agreement

Interface determination

Receiver determination

Receiver agreement

Receiver communication channel

It does not matter what you use for the interface names etc as long as they are consistent across all of your objects. You can specify anything in the namespace, interface name etc - they do not need to exist in the Integration Repository

Refer to this blog for step-by-step guide:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Cheers

Colin.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

I have told these points to mgt lets see what reply i ll get. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

I think you just misunderstood the question from Dheeraj.

Regards,

Sarvesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I think its not possible using Module,If you write a module where you will use this??My advice to you writing some scripting program and and run it in Server level to copy files from one Ftp directory to other.

i think run operating system comand option also doesnt support for FTP directory(not sure).

Other option is develop one more scenarion,(no need of mapping) to trasnfer files from one FTP to other FTP,scendule the scenario occardingly.then execute other scenario.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

I would like to know if you considered using the File adpater feature:

"Run operating system comand before message processing".

If now check the following links:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAP%20XI%20File%20Adapter%20OS%20Command%20Line%20Feature]

[;

[;

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if this does not suit your requirement.

Puneet