cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg End Condition in Fork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I need help regarding end condition in fork. In Fork i have used 2 receivers. I have made necessary brances as 2. Iif i send only 1 finput file then it will wait for the second file to come out of fork step. If i didnt send the second file, it has to wait for 2 mins and it should come of out fork step. For this how can i keep the condition in fork step?

Please helpin this issue.

Regards,

Leela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the branch of Fork which you think will receive the second file:

Include a Block and place the Receive step inside it...maintain a deadline branch with 2 mins....without any exception branch

Now the above design is a guess!

If the Fork execution expects that just the branch is executed successfully then the above logic may work.

If the Fork execution expects that the receive step excutes successfully then it wont work.

If you are receiving message from same source (same strcuture) then you may try implementing Ti[Time Dependent Loop|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am receiving the message from different sources.

The fork will except for the 2 messages. so if only one message is received, it is waiting for the second mesg.so i have to come out of fork if the second message is not coming. For this i want to keep end condition for Fork.

Can you please help in this issue.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use block with deadline branch, specify 2 min deadline.

It will wait for 2 mins to receive 2 messages and will come out after deadline is reached with available messages.

Also make sure in mapping source message occurrence is 0 minimum

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

>>The fork will except for the 2 messages. so if only one message is received, it is waiting for the second mesg.so i have to come out of fork if the second message is not coming. For this i want to keep end condition for Fork.

And what you should do once you are out of BPM.... End the process?? IF so then do like this:

1. Block (2 min deadline branch)

2. put the fork (with two receivers), transformation and all other steps in side the block (mentioned in 1)

3. And in deadline branch of step 1 either raise alert or cancel process (using control step)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I want to come out of Fork step not from BPM....

What you said is for coming out from BPM.

My requirement is i need to come out of the Fork Step and the i need to execute the mapping.

Regards,

Leela

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

But What you wan to do once you encounter 2 min.. either of A, or B file is received in BPM...

In order to stop coming out of BPM do like this:

1. Block with deadline

2. fork

3. receive A and B

4. end fork

5. end block

6. transformation and other steps you need

Regards

Suraj

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use fork inside the block. The deadline branch of the block should be for 2 min. Have an exception handle with nothing in it. Now raise this exception in the deadline branch..!! You will only end the fork and the covering block. You can continue with the BPM.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have configured the BPM in the below way.

Block1 Start

Deadline Branch for 2 mins

Used Fork Step.

Inside Fork i have used 2 branches.

In first branch i have used Receive step and the container step

in the second branch i have used Recieve step and the container step.

end of fork

End of Block1

Block2 start

Switch

Branch1-- Transformation step and send step.

Branch2 -- control step.

End of Block2

In the above flow, if i receive the 2 two input files , the scenario uis working fine.

If any one of the input file is not coming, i need to wait for 2 mins and send only the input file which i have recieved.

In fork it is mandatory to have 2 input files. otherwise it will for the second file to come. Till then it will be in wait state.

So i want exit from fork after waiting for 2 mins and continue the transformation step.

For coming out of fork i have used deadline branch for 2 mins. But it is not working.It is not coming out of fork. It is waiting for the second file to come.

Can you please help how to come out of fork afte 2 mins.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay/Suraj,

I have used deadline branch and the exception Branch in the block step. It is working fine.

Regards,

Leela

Answers (0)