cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Indicators in Sales area tab: Unable to change sales area Wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we change tax indicators for customer in one sales area then why do they change for all the sales areas on changing for one? How can these indicators then be in sales area specific tab?

Requirement is that lets say customer is extended in 2 sales area A/B/C and A/B/Z. Division Z products are tax exempted and I want to make tax indiactors in A/B/Z as 0,0,0,0, so as to avoid mistake of wrong tax calculation. When I make Tax indicator 0 in A/B/Z, they will become 0 in A/B/C as well.

Please check.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have created the Customer by extending to New Sales Area so what ever the data is available in the Previous Sales Area ,it gets automatically changed in the New Extended Sales Areas.

So your requirement can be fulfilled by maintaining the Condition Record wrt to Tax Classification of Material , Sales org & Dist. Channel.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

Yes I copied from existing customer but later I changed in indicators. I'll explain you the requirment in detail.

There are two divsion A & B . Customer tax classification indicators are 1,1,1,1 fro CST VAT TDS and service tax. Now when he buys in division A then tax is charged. I cannot make customer tax classification as 0,0,0,0 because that would make customer non taxable in other divisions as well. This is the requirement. If the tax indicators are there in sales tab then ofcourse it should be possible to maintain seperate indicators. Even though I can maintain condition record but again there also i'll maintain it for 1,1,1,1. If I maintain it for o,o,o,o then to fetch the record for 0,0,0,0 i'll have to manullay make it 0,0,0,0, in contract.

Thanks.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal

Tax depends on country, region or city of delivering plant and country of receiving customer.

For customer country is TAX deciding factor, not sales area. If change tax indicator for one sales area it will definately reflect on all sales area for that cuatomer.

Division and distribution channel are more relevent to material.

Solution for your problem is use material tax indicator and make corresponding condition records in VK11.

Like:

Customer indicator = 1 (for both A/B/C and A/B/Z)

Material indicator = 1 (for A/B/C)

Material indicator = 0 (for A/B/Z)

Now in VK11,

C =1 + M=1 := tax =1

C =1 + M=0 := tax =0

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for your Country and Tax condition what is the Exemption category maintained in the transaction code OVK4

Hope it will resolve .

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Seems common distribution channels and common divisions have been maintained. So better option is to maintain condition record according to the divisions as Ajit says.

Cheers,

Anil.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Do maintain condition record in VK11 for given TAX for ACCESS SEQUENCE ( Sales Org/Dist. Channel/Division).

If this access sequence does not exist do assign it to condition type for given tax.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I am aware of this but this is not the requirement. Althought this can be done through conditions record maintenance but under stand the requirment that on changing the indicator why it is change all sales area.

I am not looking for alternate solution but to under stand the concept why it is changing.Hope you understand.

Thanks