cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack file is invalid: 'SEM-BW' (stack release 600 < source release 602)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I encountered the following error while patching my BCS SEM system using EHPi.

Servere error(s) occured in phase PREP_EXTENSION/EHP_INCLUSION!

Last error code set: Stack file is invalid: component 'SEM-BW' (stack release 600 < source release 602)

The BCS SEM system is currently installed with SEM-BW 602. But the xml stack file generated by solution manager contains SEM-BW 600. From SMSY, under the Software Components tab, the release for software component SEM-BW is 602.

Where does solution manager obtain the data when calculating the xml stack? How can I generate a xml stack with SEM-BW release 602?

Thanks,

Tzyy Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I had placed the system under logical components for SAP netweaver AS ABAP. But in smsy, how can I 'add the sem add-ons as relevant'?

The sem add-on is showing under the system software components tab. But the sem files are still not included under the maintenance optimizer.

I am rather new to solution manager. Appreciate the advices.

Thanks,

Tzyy Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Instead of ERP or netweaver, I had created my system and logical components under SAP SEM. Hence, I am assuming that the stack XML file created is for SAP SEM system. As my system is purely used for BCS SEM, I assume that the SAP SEM 6.0 is the correct system. Am I wrong? Pls advice.

Best Regards,

Tzyy Ming

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

When installing this system you have used an installation guide. If i were you i would try to configure the system described in the guide. SAP note 852447 talks about an IInstallation SEM-BW 600 on SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP;

So why not try to configure this system as netweaver as abap in smsy and add the add-ons as relevant. But i am not completely sure - i am at home and can not look to our SolMan system.

I do not think that the configured system should be the problem. You said, the smsy contains the correct data. Did you refresh the product data in your solution manager. That could be the reason why the queue ist not calculated correct ly.

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a ABAP system containing software components BI_CONT, SAP_BW, SEM-BW.

In maintenance optimizer, I am receiving a warning system message without message text. How can I get details on this warning message?

Thanks in advance,

Tzyy Ming

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your system is based on netweaver as a result ERP components will not come in stack xml file.

Check SAP Note 1326576 - SAP NetWeaver Systems Containing SAP ERP Software Components

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your system is ERP system or Netweaver system containing ERP components ?

Thanks

Sunny