cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a question in the configuration of ESS. We doenst have the Final SLD ready . But now we need to start working on the ESS configuration (UI Changes) . The backend system is also not ready.

For now can we deploy the ESS SCA files and can we import the same to the NWDI . My doubt is where to create the Sofware component.

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean where do you edit the SCAs?

You synchronize the ESS DCs to your NWDS. Then edit from there.

Take a look at this link: [ESS/MSS Customization u2013 Make it Simple|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7177] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me be more clear on my question.

As of now there is no HR system connected to my Portal it will be ready after some time. But in the mean i wanted to work on the front end UI customization.

So what are the steps i need to create/import the ESS SCA files.

And if once my HR System is ready how to inegrate the existing changes to the HR System.

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No HR system, No ESS/MSS. That's the way it is.

You might change the source, but you can't make it work without HR system(ECC).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to edit the ESS codes without the backend, then you can do so if you wish. The difference is the JCOs are not yet confuigured and you will not be able to setup and complete the implementation.

The link I gave you, the steps are there to deploy the ESS components to NWDI and so you can sync them into your NWDS for editing. You need to place the SCAs in JTrans so you can import the required SCAs into your NWDI Track -- that's assuming you have access to the server folders and administrative access to NWDI.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (0)