cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal Development using WebDynpro Java - Compatability Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP Netweaver Composition Environment 7.1 and SAP Netweaver Developer Studio 7.0 for the purpose of developing Enterprise Portal applications. Both are installed successfully in my personal PC which has Windows XP as the OS. But after this, Iam facing an issue in deploying Portal application in the server. I am getting an error like

"Deployment Aborted u2026u2026.Please configure your engine/sdm correctly...."

After getting the above error I tried to configure SAP J2EE Engine so i went to Windows->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine. As I have installed server in my local, I selected local host option and when i clicked the 'Browse' button to select the SYS ID, J2E Instance and all, It opened an empty page named "Local Engine configuration" where iam not able to select anything. Because of this, Iam not able to deploy and proceed further. Is this because of the compatibility issue between SAP NW CE 7.1 and SAP NWDS 7.0? If yes, whats the solution?

Request you to please help me with this.

Thanks and Regards

Saleel

Edited by: saleel_farhan on Dec 14, 2009 6:37 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First off, it appears that you have two distinct problems. Compatibility and configuration issues.

1) You need to have NWDS 7.1 for your CE 7.1 environment.

2) Double check your J2EE Engine settings on your NWDS and check with the J2EE Engine view and see if it can be dected (meaning, green status) -- and make sure you're using the correct SDM/Administrator password set in your CE.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Jan

Thanks for the suggestions. From where can I get NWDS 7.1 with WebDypnro Java Plugins? It would be great If you can send me the link from where I can download. Looking forward your reply.

Thanks and Regards

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can download it over http://service.sap.com/swdc - and make sure you have the download authorization to do so. And make sure that you're downloading the same SP Level of your CE environment.

Else, if you don't have download authorization -- then try the NWDS 7.1 bundled with the CE 7.1 Trial Version here: [LINK|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/307e90ef-0a65-2a10-e48e-c5a888c81537 [original link is broken]]

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Jan

I have installed SAP Netweaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5. Is this compatible with NWDS 7.1 SP5 ?. Also the link which you have given me to download NWDS 7.1 SP5, will this include WebDynpro Plugins also?. To be more precise, Will I be able to do declarative programming like creating Views,context mapping etc.

Thanks

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saleel,

CE 7.1 SR5 should be SP5 as well - to make it fully compatible. But for cases that it's not - the SP Level difference should not be too large a gap. That's to minimize the compatibility issues. If you downloaded the CE 7.1 SR5 sneek preview/trial version -- then the NWDS version SP5 should be good for use.

And yes - it should contain the WebDynpro components for development there.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saleel,

CE 7.1 SR5 should be SP5 as well - to make it fully compatible. But for cases that it's not - the SP Level difference should not be too large a gap. That's to minimize the compatibility issues. If you downloaded the CE 7.1 SR5 sneek preview/trial version -- then the NWDS version SP5 should be good for use.

And yes - it should contain the WebDynpro components for development there.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

I have downloaded and installed NWDS which you have given me. But it doesnt support WebDynpro programming. It is just an eclipse like tool where we can develop only Java code. Please let me know If you get NWDS with WebDynpro Plugins for Portal Development.

Regards

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used NWDS before?

Don't run Eclipse.. run NetWeaver Developer Studio. Go to Window > Perspective > Web Dynpro.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read through this link: [NWDS 7.1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/82/c701ea566e4f8ab1f279f5c1b20f71/frameset.htm]

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saleel

In Windows->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine enter:

Message Server Host: localhost

Message Server Port: 36<SYS NUM>1 (you can also check the port in http://localhost:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo).

But if the wizard does not see your server it might indicate about some errors in the installation of the server. Check that the server is up and running.

BR, Siarhei