cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation date is in past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM Gurus,

I am facing one issue for inspection lot. I am using early lot creation functionality for finished materials. I have released order today but my inspection lot start and end date is 2 days back. I am using any average inspection period in inspection types.

Can anybody had this issue? Or anybody can tell me how inspection start date is determing in early lot creation scenario?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The inspection start date should be the same as the production order start date. It doesn't look at the relase date of the order in this case. Check your order and verify the start date in the order. You will probably need to figure out why your production date is in the past for the order. Probably, as suggested, backward scheduling was used.

Get the production order start dates correct and the inspection lot start date will be correct. The inspeciton lot end date will be the inspection lot start date plus the avg. insp. duration maintained in the material master's inspection type set up in the respective plant.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while creation of order have you used sheduling : backward with finish date entered.This might be a reason along with the Avg inspection period.

What is date of creation of Order?

What is Avg Inspec Period maintained.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Production order is created and released on 12 th Decemeber. Inspection start date and end date is inspection lot is 11 .12.2009 which is 1 day back.

Yes, We are creating production ordre with "Backward in Time "scheduling type.

We are not using any average inspection duration/day.

Thanks in advance

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mentioned the date you created and released the production order. You didn't specify what the start date of the production order was. The start date can be in the past if you used backward scheduling and can be a different value then the created date and release date of the order. They are three different fields in SAP.

If you have no avg. inspection duration specified in the inspection type, then the end date of the inspection lot will be the same as the start date.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Production order creation-release-start -end date is 12.12.09. Average inspection day in inspection type is Zero.

Production scheduling type is Backward in time. Inspection lot start and end date came as 11.12.2009 which is 1 day earlier.

Thanks and Regards

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where there any changes made to the production order after it was created and released? I.e. did someone go back and change the start date of the production order to the current date?

If the production order was edite d after being released, the inspection lot start and end dates would not update. They have to be manually changed in QA02.

Other then that possibility I don't have any other ideas for you. The inspection start date comes from the expected GR date of the production order in the case of normal 04 inspection lots. In the case of early release inspection lots it comes from the start date of the production order.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Nothing was happened like you say. Nobody had changed dates after creatinga or releasing production order. I found one clue in user profile of the users who cretae and release theproduction orders. They had been set as different time zone. I have changed their user profile and issue is in under observation.

Meanwhile, if you think, there might be other reason behind it, pls let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Nothing was happened like you say. Nobody had changed dates after creatinga or releasing production order. I found one clue in user profile of the users who cretae and release theproduction orders. They had been set as different time zone. I have changed their user profile and issue is in under observation.

Meanwhile, if you think, there might be other reason behind it, pls let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards