cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid from date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can set-up default valid from date (can be today, 1st week, 1st month, or no default).

How can I add more choice? We want to have the default to be tomorrow date (today +1)

How can we NOT allow the system to accept past date in the valid-from date?

*This is for maintaining price master data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VK11, when you maintain Condition record, you can manually select future date for validity of Condition Record.

For example: I have maintained price for Material A as INR 100 wef 1st oct, 2009. Now I know that from 1st Jan, 2010, the price will amend. So I can maintain in VK11 that Material A wef 1st Jan, 2020 will be INR 105.

Similarly say effective 1st Dec, 2009 I want to amend the price on 14th Dec, 2009, the condition record can be maintained. this will however not impact already created Sales Orders and Billing. However, if Bill is not created and at Billing level update 'New Pricing' is carried out, in that case, new pricing will be updated. It is by default to allow past date in SAP and you will have to identify a user exit which will through a error message if you do not want the price to be updated of past date. However, it is not recommended.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Thank you for your inputs.. very helpful..

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deriada,

I am afraid this is not possible in VK11.

When you create a record , the valid from date comes automatically as system date. However it will allow you to change to a past date. This is VERY MUCH NEEDED. YOU SHOULD NOT DISABLE THIS FUNCTIONALITY. Because, this will be required to reprice some of your order at later point of time. So, looking in futuristic point of view, this should not be done. So please leave the system as it is

However if you need to do it, you can do it through user exit. Please discuss with a developer, he should be able to find out. You have to explore little bit on that screen, thats all