cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate source data at communication channel level only....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I want to validate the source data just after picking the file i.e at communication channel level. The error file or record has to moved to the archive folder. This is my thought correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible. Just go thorugh the sap help and read the section "Archive Source Files with Errors".

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

I hope you were looking for this only.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Sarvesh Singh ,

Can you give me the specific example for the above or any blog link.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your requirement is to pick a file --> check for its contents --> then decide whether it is error/ success file then you have to implement it in an Custom Adapter Module.

Archive Source Files with Errors will work if your sender channel picks a file and at that point itself goes into error (say the contents of the file are different than the one mentioned in the Message Interface OR there is some error in FCC).....so such error cases can be handled by the above option.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good analyzing the problem by abhishek

Can you give me some input about CUSTOM ADAPTER MODULE

Thanks in advance

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Communication channel only pick up the data,its does not have capability to check the content,if you want to implement this logic for communication channel,writing adapter module is the right option.

You need to write a logic in EJB Module to validate the content ,its purely depending on Logic how you are going to write in JAVA.

if you are using PI7.1 you can validate your payload before picking up the message.

search in sdn you will find some usefull documents how to write adapter module.

Regards,

Raj