cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry missing in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My interface recived meeages through http and uses a BPM for some other synchronous calls in the flow.

We were testing negative test cases and asked the sender system to send a wrongly formatted message.

but the problem now is that a message that was sent by a third party to XI entered the BPM and i can see the entry in the transaction 'sxmb_moni_bpe' but where it failed (as expected) but when i try to see the corresponding entry in transaction 'sxmb_moni' i'm not able to.

It looks like the message hit the BPE but not the IE !

However this did not happen in the test environment. Could any one who has a suggestion or experienced similar cases help ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Ideally logging for syn messages are disabled in PI ( SXMB_ADM). You should activate these logs .Hope your BPM uses Syn-Asyn bridge.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please check both LOGGING & LOGGING_SYNC parameters configuration on both TEST and PROduction environments

baiscally these 2 or LOGGING_PROPAGATION parameter used to perform logging/tracing fuctionality globally of IE.

Parameter LOGGING or LOGGING_SYNC (category RUNTIME) to activate logging of asynchronous or synchronous messages locally for the whole Integration Engine. This means that all service calls of all pipelines of this Integration Engine are logged.

Parameter LOGGING_PROPAGATION (category RUNTIME) to activate logging globally. This means that message processing is logged until it is complete on all involved Integration Engines.

And also, check how these 2 parameters are configured TRACE_LEVEL, TRACE_LEVEL_PROPAGATION for category RUNTIME in both the environments.

Regards

Sekhar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It looks like the message hit the BPE but not the IE !

The message should make an entry into SXMB_MONI if it is hitting BPM.

1) Check if the LOGGING and TRACING is maintained properly: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

2) In SXMB_MONI check if you have defined any filters

3) SXMB_MONI --> MOnitor for Processed Messages --> Are you giving any value in the STATUS/ STATUS GROUP dropdowns?

Regards,

Abhishek.