cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC result is not Mathcing The Actual RFC Result!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings PI Experts,

I have a very simple webservice which runs a custom function module to look up vendor details based on a number. When I run the RFC in R3 system it gives the correct result I expect, However, it always give (Vendor Not Exist) when executing via SOAP webservice .

any tips?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

thanks for the tip,

while debugging I found that no vendor number was received for unknown reason.

I had to create a dummy message mapping between the BABIP Request/Response just to force the fields and it fixed the problem. But in perfect world this mapping step is not required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

thank you for the input. However I am putting the leading zeros in the leading message (10 Char) and I can see it inside the payload as well. However, the web service is still returning not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put an External Debug point in your FM and check if these values match the values when u tested them on a stand-alone mode in your system.

Send the Request msg from SOAP Testing tool & debug to check what is the value??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add, since you are using custom function so make sure you are using the most update one in your XI system. It may happen you have done some changes and forgot to import the updated function in XI. Make sure function is remote enabled.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem on my project and cause was in request data formating.

For example, we have in SAP system customer (defined in system like 8 digits field) 123456 and when getting detail through BAPI in SAP all is fine. But when execute request to this BAPI through Web Service it expect data in 00123456 format (and for 123456 i got 'No customer exist' message).

If your data have char type problem can be in leading blanks.

So check in debugger in which format BAPI expect data and format you request data.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the FM CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT to pad the input value with leading Zero's...

OR

To find the conversin routine used, go to se11 -> Fieldname --> Domain name (Defination tab) -> Convertion routine.

Regards,

Siva Marnani