Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process capability

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am running the transaction MCXD for a MIC, the process capability fields (Cp and Cpk )are appearing with *** (asterisks). Please suggest the configuration and master data required to get those index values.

Regards

Sm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SM

1) The CP and CPk that appears in MCXD has no connection with SPC characteristic selection in the control indicator

1) The mic should be single recording

2) To get the Cp, CPK you have to drilldown to either Plant/masterinspchar or Insp. characteristic using the switch drill down option

3) The Mic should have upper and lower limit

The SPC indicator in Mic is used only when you need a control chart is needed.

2) There is another method by which you can get Cp, CPK

Go to QS28. Input the plant and the mic and execute. You will get MIC details. Choose the MIC and click on Result history. A pop will appear Result history Limit Selection. In the Time Tab you can see inspection lot selection date From and To. Execute

You will get the inspection lot list select all and click on histogram and there in that you have tab for statistical values

Hope this helps

Regards

Gajesh

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks to all your replies which have helped me in getting the values. This thread is being closed.

Regards

Sm.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.As CP,CPk are the SPC characteristic ,first thing is that you must create MIC with the "SPC" .

2.Second thing is you must Carry out Result recording & status of each MIC must be"5".

3.then in MCXD you must select the drill down on Inspec. characteristic.

You will get the values instead of ****.

Where ever you get astrics means that the char is either not MIC or not done RR.

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply. Do i need to do anything to sampling plan? (I have fixed sample with manual valuatioinand without inspection points). I tried by just changing my quantitative MIC to include SPC in control indicator and assigning the same in my inspection plan. But after RR though status changed to 5, in MCXD no value came up for the capability indices. Pleasse give a more detailed answer.

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Better you select the sampling procedure with SPC.

2.Assign relevent char type to same.

3.select the control indicator of MIC as "SPC" & fixed scope.

4.Also select single RR in control Indicator.

I hope this much settings are enough for the same.

Regards

Sujit

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I have chosen a SPC sampling procedure with sampling type fixed, valuation mode as SPC inspection and without inspection points with shewhart chart forx-bar as control chart type and fixed sample as determination rule. I have chosen a plan with single quantitative characteristic and assigned the same sampling plan to it. In control indicator i have maintained lower and upper specs, sampling procedure, SPC characteristics, single result, required character and fixed scope. While doing RR, status is changing to 5 and if i run chart it is showing the different values recorder for that MIC against upper and lower specs. But in MCXD no value is coming up in the capability indices. It is still the same asterics. Please suggest how to proceed.

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please drilldown further

If there is neither a master inspection characteristic, nor an inspection characteristic in the drill-down, the cp value does not have an influence. In such a case, the system issues asterisks (**) instead of the cp value. Similarly, if there are no tolerance limits, the system issues asterisks (**) instead of the cp value.

If no master inspection characteristic, or inspection characteristic exists in the current drill-down, the Cpk value is not relevant. In such a case, asterisks (**) appear in place of the Cpk value. Similarly, if no tolerances exist, asterisks (**) appear in place of the Cpk value.

Regards'

Sujit

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks, i have been able to drill down. Actually the period was coming by default from 10.12 to 12.12 which i changed to 12.12 to 12.12 to get he indices' fields populated. I am having 2 related problems- In the key figures i am not getting the order number or batch number to relate the values to. Secondly, i am not getting the option to save the graph in excel. Any advice?

Also, as per SAP i should not get values if i don't have tolerance limits ! But i haven't set any tolerance!

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Dec 13, 2009 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In QGC1,2,3 you can get the option of downloading to excel

like in QGC1->when you execute go to chart->chart will be displayed->Clcik on QM-STI evaluation->enter eval method :SAP_EXCEL Download table contents and display using Excel-->start evaluation.

check it

Also I did not understand

as per SAP i should not get values if i don't have tolerance limits ! But i haven't set any tolerance!

Is this mean you have not mainatined tolerence.??

Regards'

Sujit

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I'll check QGC1 and revert.

I have not maintained any tolerance. Is it mandatory to maintain that for process capability scenario?

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...