cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outer join between two Contexts not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two contexts. A Context and B Context. To define hierachy or to show the both contexts data in single table/report in Web-I, i joined main tables of both contexts with a join. In those main two tables i want to show the table1 data irrespective of corresponding data exist in second table.

To solve that i tried LEFT/RIGHT outer joins but nothing solved my prob. Because of those were in different context, I suppose. But it's not the same case when i work within a context (Single).

Hope you got my prob now...!! Please help me out...

Thank You!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Adding this new join in two of your context did you check for loops in universe (there should not be any unresolved loops) and if you can give the query which is generated and your expected query then might help to understand it better.

Regards

Kunal

0 Kudos

Hi

what are exactly the results you get?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stratos for ur reply.

Exact results: "No Data to fetch"

Because i don't have related data in second table with respect to first table.

In this case i must show the first table data irrespective of second table (If it has or not don't bother)

Please help me...

Thank You!!

0 Kudos

Hi

check the generated SQL. I would assume tha WebI sends to separate queries to your database.

If you want to display the data from your contextes separately (ie. in different WebI table structures) then you have the option to work with two queries in your WebI report. Just fetch the data for each context using a different query and make sure that you insert only objects of a single query in a given WebI component (eg. chart or table)

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, I'm getting only one SQL statement because i added that join in both context,it's my requirement.

Earlier i got two SQL statements but how user can relate those to... Those two were in Hierarchy means one depends on another.

Hope you understand... thanks for ur reply...!!

Any other thoughts please...

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it really necessary to join the two tables?

Can't you use the merged dimension property at web-I report level?

You can have the two separate data providers for the two contexts and then Merge the two data providers on the common dimension.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your reply.

Nope, i can't cpntinue without having that join between those two tables. It must be there to get the exact results.

It's not the prob of using Merged Dimensions... those are useful for another purpose. In my case those two Dimensions have different sets of data and have relation between those two.

Like:

Tab-1------Tab2

Prod1------Cat1

Prod1------Cat2

Prod2------Cat3

Prod3------Cat4

Prod4------(NULL)

As per requirement i should show the row for empty, in my ex it's in Prod4.

If i use two SQL's prob:

I can't relate those two and which have relation more over interdependent. Shows data as two separate tables in report.

If i use multiple dataproviders:

Prob Tab2 is has other joins with other tables to complete the project hierarchy.

Hope you got it...

Thank You!!