cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trace AAE mappings (UDF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a PI 7.1 and some scenarios use the advanced adapter engine (AAE).

However, i have some UDF in my mappings which seem to work different when in test mode (test tab in Integration Builder) and during runtime. So i need to write information in some trace to know whats going on.

i already tried

AbstractTrace trace = container.getTrace();
trace.addInfo("important info...");

in the UDF. But during runtime with the AAE, there is only the Audit-Protocol from the RWB message monitoring. Those trace messages are not shown there, nor in the NWA logs.

Is there any way to implement tracing in UDF with AAE????

regards

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write own logging information to external file location,i had done this using JAVA mapping,and i stored in different NFS file location.But i am not sure you can write it using UDF.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the info.

I tried this today. But it doesnt work. No file is written to disk. It looks like the UDF isn't even called during runtime. Even though it is referenced from my mapping.

Very strange

regards

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The AbstractTrace object you got from the global container is used during mappings ... You can see it using mmap or imap test tool (selecting the relevant trace level before) ... You can also see messages using SXMB_MONI (<trace> section) depending on the trace level you've used ...

In AAE, it's sthg else (AuditLog) so you may have to write a custom module to add more info to the audit log

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i think we have tracked down the issue:

It looks like it is not possible to use the [receiver] function in graphical mapping during runtime in the AAE. It works fine in non-AAE scenarios and in the test tab of the Integration Builder. But when it is executed during runtime it fails.

My UDF uses this as input parameter. And during runtime the UDF was never executed. The [receiver] function always failed before.

For me this looks like a Bug of PI. I dont see a reason why the [receiver] function shouldn't work in AAE also.

In the message header the receiver exists!

And reading the receiver via code instead of the graphical funktion works fine:

InputHeader inputHeader = container.getInputHeader();
receiverSystem = (String)inputHeader.getReceiverService();

regards,

MS

Answers (0)