cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD and SPAU Transports in Production Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I started the prepare upgrade on production system. ur's is a 2 system landscape. One development and production system. The upgrade on development is already done. Now i am performing it on production system.CUrrently i got the phase to include the Modification transports. the spdd and spau transports generated in the Dev system.

I already released the SPDD and SPAU transports in develpment system and checked the cofiles and data files in the transport directory. Now upgrade assistant is giving the following error.

For automatically maintaining your modifications in your system during the upgrade transport requests from earlier upgrades are searched in file umodauto.lst in directory
deedcaskfi140\sapmnt\transCDA\bin

the file could not be read.

There are several reasons why this may be correct,

e.g. "this is your first upgrade" or your system is not modified".

Did you expect a list of transports being found?

Yes or no

when i say it is giving the error that error as

ERROR: preparing the ADJUSTIMP-phase failed.

user wants to improve environment (missing file)

cotinue or cancel

when i select continue it showing the errors like this

SEVERE ERROR(S) OCCURED IN ADJUSTPRP ! ! !

EXIT OR RETRY

when i say retry it repeats. Can any one please guide me how to proceed further and how can i include the spdd and spau transport requests in production. i already released the requests in Development and i can see the cofiles and data files in the trans directory. I am a bit confused please suggest how can i proceed further.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mathew_varughese
Explorer
0 Kudos

when it asks

Did you expect a list of transports being found?

Yes or no

Say NO.

and after the upgrade is done then import the SPDD & SPAU transports manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Very sorry for the delay in my answer. will those transports are till valid for the production. Can u please suggest . i have a dout after checking this sap note 68678. Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Very sorry for the delay in my answer. will those transports are till valid for the production. Can u please suggest . i have a dout after checking this sap note 68678. As we have 14 days we can do the spau ( not sure also ), but how abuot the spdd. will those objects get activated. do we need any sccr key or any other keys to activate those objects. Kindly suggest

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hemanth,

did you perform the step "Transferring Adjustments to Other SAP Systems" in the DEV system after SPDD/SPAU ?

It is documented here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/83/7a18ecde6e11d195460000e82de14a/content.htm (Part Selecting for transport)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/6d667f7d9011d396b60000e82de14a/content.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi STefan,

I checked the option you have suggested me. I have one more querry here. once i placed all the requests in one common request then in which system i need to place this request in spdd and spau.

is it in development i need to place it in spdd and spau?

if so how to plce it in spdd and spau. please suggest

Hemanth

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

During SPDD and SPAU phase in DEV system, you had to choose "Relase for transport" option while creating one common request for SPDD and one for SPAU. Then those transports become released comming to an end of DEV upgrade and file umodauto.lst should be generated which includes these transport names. During this phase you are now in prod system, upgrade program is searchimg for this file and since you do not have any, it shows error.

There were some option how to release that transports...sometimes they work...

Please try to search for umodauto.lst in your upgrade guide and also on marketplace to get some more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a very less objects for spdd and spau. if i dont include these objects in the upgrade will it be ok?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally when you do first upgrade in your landscape like Development and where you do all manual adjustment there you should choose add to transport option. So that it should be added in umodauto.lst file. As a result in subsequent upgrade, upgrade program will read it from this file and you need not to do manual adjustment again.

But as you have already done your development upgrade and you did not added to umodauto.lst file. So, follow SAP Note 68678 - Exporting modification adjustment for second upgrade to add transport manually to umodauto.lst file.

Then repeat the phase it will read transport from this file and adjust all the SPDD/SPAU modification automatically.

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Dec 12, 2009 7:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks a lot for suggesting me the procedure. but can i know do i need to do this in DEV system E:\usr\sap\put or in production. please suggest me from which system and in which location i need to do this export of modication adjustments.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do it in production system. I will suggest you please read the note. All steps are mentioned in the note.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for guiding me. One more thing is, after the development upgrade the support pack level was upgraded to 2 levels more. Now during the production upgrade i am including all the support pack levels till now what development box have so that we will save time. IF we do this the current modification adjustments what we need to include are not valid for this upgrade. and do perform the modification adjustments in dev box it just took only 2 to 3 hours. it just prompted for 177 objects as this is a payroll system. so i think the time taken to do the modification adjustments are very less when compared to apply the support packs and perform the SGEN and increase the disk space for table spaces and so on. here in our landscape to increase the disk space it takes atleast 3 days minumu to get the request approved and complete the task. so what i am thinking is as this is production upgrade instead of delaying the upgrade it is best to include the support pack level during the upgrade. what do you say?

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to decide what is more convenient and suitable for you.