Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pbm in Value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

scenario is IDOC -> File

I am getting sales org(VKORG) in source idoc and this have to be comverted into Country code(VKORG) in target side.

IR:

---

In the mapping of theVKORG field, Value mapping function is used and I have defined Context :http://sap.com/xi/XI ,Agency: XXX Schema: YYYY

ID:

--

I have created Value mapping by going to tools->value mapping and maintained the list of values in table with group id:ZZZ

My pbm is If i give the payload in message mapping and test it.. then the value mapping is working fine..(ie,In Target side,sales org is getting converted to country code in VKORG field.)

but if i trigger an idoc with sales org in field VKORG, output file is getting created but sales org is not getting converted to CountryCode.

What is the problem and How to resolve this..??

Thanks

Kiruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Check the trace in SXMB_MONI for the message, in case the value mapping doesnt work at runtime the trace contains an entry.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to compare your configuration

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Try activating value mapping group in ID once and see if it reflects in cache and runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

> My pbm is If i give the payload in message mapping and test it.. then the value mapping is working fine..(ie,In Target side,sales org is getting converted to country code in VKORG field.)

Do you mean when your are testing it under Test Tab in message mapping by using the payload values then it is working? If you ans is yes then you are getting wrong result because value mapping works only at run time. Secondly if value is not maintained in value mapping table then it returns the same value to target field.

>

> but if i trigger an idoc with sales org in field VKORG, output file is getting created but sales org is not getting converted to CountryCode.

You can make sure if it is working or not under RWB. Go to RWB -->Cache Monitoring and the enter your agency & schema and then give the source value and see if it returns the correct result or not.

Also check again if you have maintained the correct agency & schemaa in MM.

Also try to refresh the cache because most of the time it happens because of cache problem.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on PI 7.1 and i belive we can test whether value mapping is working fine in IR by testing message under test tab.

You asked to me to check in Cache monitoring in RWB.. How to get into cache monitoring????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RWB go to CacheMonitoring..i hope this option is present in 7.1 RWB also..if not then you need to check in NWA...

go there and check the valuemapping as option and provide the agency and scheme details...

you should find the values in that as you configured....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Netweaver Administator, I could not ablt to found any option to give my agency and schema,,

It would be helpful for me if you mention exactly where i want to provide agency and schema details in RWB to know whethet its working fine ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow this link and go through page no 3 & 4 to find, how to check vaulue mapping results in java cache..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf43c5&override...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that u have activated the Value mapping table created at ID.

Regards,

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, ValuMapping only work in runtime, you won't see result if your test your mapping by test tab, if you need hep abou Valu Mapping see this article.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e07dd2ae-f783-2c10-9aa6-ca69f67dd20f&override...

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

By chance after creating the entries in value mapping table, have you refreshed the Cache. If not then cache can be one of the reason too. So refresh the full cache and then try.