Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges Year Wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is with the reference to the Thread

[;

My client want to maintain the number ranges year wise for Billing, Orders etc., We have suggested not to go with Year wise best practise

Is there any OSS notes which tells that number ranges can not be maintained fiscal year wise?

Regards,

Narasimha Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement can only be met through Development. Not in Standard.

Based on user exit, the 'Z' table will have to be called, where the numbers are maintained.

Warning: Do not try to have same number range in future or for different document. If you have the same number range for say Proforma Invoice and Invoice for same year or different teay, by default system is likely to open the first created document. It leads to a lot of confusion, as Year is not supported for number range in SD, like it is supported in FI.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have suggested client not to maintain Fiscal year wise number ranges as it is not suggestable by SAP. I want a valid document like OSS notes for not to maintain number ranges Fiscal year wise.

Regards,

Narasimha Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not come accross any SAP Note for the same. But if you raise a OSS Message, you will surely get a response that it is not recommended.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you must have seen in as many threads posted the SD documents are not supposed to be year specific.

But still if you want to go for the year specific then you will have to maintain the different number ranges every year with two or four digiits to indicate the year and one character to indicate the document type so that number ranges can be differentiated easily.

Regards,

Karthik.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said in above replies,

You can achieve the same by using USEREXIT_Number_range in include;RV60AFZZ.

where create new Ztable = ZNR_Billing:

Year / Sales Organization / Distribution chanel(Optional) / NR interval.

eg: 2010 / Z100 / Z1 = ZZ

where Z100 -= Sales Org & Z1 = Dist Channel &

ZZ = Number range Interval (maintain number ranges in SNRO for ZZ- Make sure interval should not be overlap with other number ranges, but i dont think its possible.

eg:

Z1:2009--> 1000 - 9000

at the same time you cant create another number range in SNRO as Z2:1000-9000 ( numbers will overlap)

But i f you dont maintain same numbers in different years, then you can use the above Userexit, but still doesnt have any sense to use Userexit, when you dont maintain same numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create number ranges for the billing types with respect to Year.

Generally, the number ranges are assigned with respect to the document type. To assign number ranges for one billing type with respect to the year (Fiscal year), you have to use USER EXIT.

This can be achieved with the help of an ABAPer.

You can watch the following thread to get an idea.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

K. Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Billing , Sales order, Delivery, we have to maintain the Number ranges based on the DOCUMENT TYPES hence they cant be year dependent

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO

regards,

Sudhir