Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms: generate error , in quality server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm facing a problem.

My smartform is getting generated perfectly well in development. ( i.e. T-code SMARTFORMS, and press F8 or execute button).

But when i transported it to quality server, it give 'Error during generation ..'.

But if i go in display mode, and try to execute the form from inside, it gets generated even in quality server.

I have gone through a few links, they say, that it may be due to some declaration problem, or missing structure.

I'm going through it again and again, but not able to figure it out.

Besides, if this is the case , it should not generate the form through display mode.

Please help, if anybody else has faced a similar problem.

Thanks.

Ushma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can u tell me the what error u r getting and the same time send me the code of FM ssf_function_module_name calling code & calling smartform generated FM code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frend,

I have got the Solution by my own.

Actually the problem where may you are facing will be the text elements in smartforms are not there in Quality server, i mean,

the Text ID for PO are F01, F02 ...like that may are you using. if so , then recode the Text element numbers as appearing in quality server.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE ERROR THEN JUST DO THE SYNTAX CHECK IN QUALITY SERVER WHERE YOU CAN FIND THE ERROR THAT WHY SYSTEM GIVING ERROR DURING GENERATING THE FORM.

Regards,

Bhasker K

Edited by: Bashee on Feb 17, 2010 5:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frend,

I have also facing same problem, can u please solution if u get the solution!

DEV it is working fine but QUA it is not generating the form. plz reply me whts wrong am i doing!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question here was that the error is in the transport log. Is it your case?

There are many interesting answers (unfortunately Ushma is not kind enough to give us details to our requests), so first apply all of them, and tell us the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

I'm sorry, i could'nt get you.

I could'nt check my mailbox recently, and unfortunately had no idea of this post.

You may not remember, but you have helped me in resolving an issue, and there is no reason for not helping anybody.

But, I'm sorry, i don't remember the details of this issue, but as far as i remember there was some problem in transportation of requests.

I'm sorry for this.

Thanks.

Ushma.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was a way to make you react , thx for the feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont Hard Code the FM generated by the SF and make shure

• all the structures that are create in DEV server transported to QA Server

• Transport if any standard text created in Dev server

Regards

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ushma,

Don't call autogenerated function module directly in your driver program because this autogenerated function module name will be different in each server.

use FM SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

pass Smartform name in it.. then it will give you Function Module Name

You have to call this fm name ..

Please search on SCN for more info like how to use this FM SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

ilesh Nandaniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the FM SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME insted of calling Function Module.

Because In dev Samrt form Creates one Number. In Quality it creates another Number.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you had this error only during transport (what error message did you have besides "generation error"?), and now you are able to activate the smart form manually? (in that case, a later transport may have corrected the error). Or is it when generating the smart form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is because of the template size or table size which is more than the window size. Please check the width of each template or table.

Or also check the driver whether the system generated form details are hard coded or the function module is used to call the smartforms details

Regards

Shiva