cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in JDBC Adapter in SAP PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have scenario JDBC to JDBC......I Designed and Configured the Scenario....When I executed the scenario my connection to the

PI dev server is lost........

Then in Config tool I setting jdbc adapter option to "manual" which is "always".....and deactivated the JDBC communication

channel.....then I set the option to "always" from "manual" in config tool.......

I am not getting exact problem.....Please help me out.....

Regards,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, your question is not clear..

When I executed the scenario my connection to the
PI dev server is lost........

What do you exactly mean by this? how are you checking this..

What is the SQL query in the sender channel?

Please check whether the communication channels are in active status and let us know if any error shown..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ for the reply......

I configured the JDBC Sender Communication channel with below details....

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

jdbc:odbc:Driver= {Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)} ;DBQ= Student_Database.mdb (using ftp path)

As soon as I activated the CC......Connection is lost to my working server (i.e. Dev)

To restart my Dev server.. I asked Basis people to change adapter settings of JDBC in Config tool to "Manual"...so that

I can deactivate my CC.....So that there can be connection to server...

I m not getting what is the problem....

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos
As soon as I activated the CC......Connection is lost to my working server (i.e. Dev)

You mean the java engine of the PI server is down? How do you come to this conclusion?

so that I can deactivate my CC.....So that there can be connection to server...

If java engine is down you should not be able to access RWB,IR/ID as these reside on java stack.

Please post the error so that we can debug easily.Is there any error you see in the sender JDBC channel?

Please double check whether you configured your scanario as per the documentation-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I explain you my scenario once again...................i.e JDBC to JDBC......

I am using MS-Access as database............

I have completed IR part and in ID part I configured Sender Communication channel by giving the following Connection details

jdbc:odbc:Driver= {Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=C:\XI_FILES\SENDER\Student_Database.mdb*

After completing RD/ID/SA/RA....as soon as I activated CC.....there gone connection to Server and cannot open the IR or ID or

Runtime Work Bench.......

If I enter SXMB_IFR in Dev sever...it is giving error "Enterprise Service Repository address not maintained"......

After that with some discussions with Basis people they have found that J2ee engine stoped. then in Config tool they

changed jdbc adapter settings to "Manual" so that we can deactive CC that is activated.......Then after that "manual" is

changed to "Always" and now Server is running fine.....

My probelm is......

When I am activating CC, the server is going down immediatledy.....and I dont know exactly where the problem is

occurring........

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I explain you my scenario once again...................i.e JDBC to JDBC......

I am using MS-Access as database............

I have completed IR part and in ID part I configured Sender Communication channel by giving the following Connection details

jdbc:odbc:Driver= {Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=C:\XI_FILES\SENDER\Student_Database.mdb*

After completing RD/ID/SA/RA....as soon as I activated CC.....there gone connection to Server and cannot open the IR or ID or

Runtime Work Bench.......

If I enter SXMB_IFR in Dev sever...it is giving error "Enterprise Service Repository address not maintained"......

After that with some discussions with Basis people they have found that J2ee engine stoped. then in Config tool they

changed jdbc adapter settings to "Manual" so that we can deactive CC that is activated.......Then after that "manual" is

changed to "Always" and now Server is running fine.....

My probelm is......

When I am activating CC, the server is going down immediatledy.....and I dont know exactly where the problem is

occurring........

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Your problem is bit weird. But since you are getting the error as Enterprise Repository address not maintained. I suggest you do SLD Connection test using tcode SLDCHECK from your PI box.

Do you have clustered PI environment?

If SLDCHECK fails you need to ask the BASIS team to rectify it. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit