cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult with different coding masks for operative and std templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have below coding masks

OP-XXXX-XX-XX For operative structures (not allowed for std templates)

ST-XXXX-XX-XX For std tempplates (not allowed for operative structures)

But i am unable to create operative project using std template.

I have disabled Lck for std mask and tried, then i could create project but the operative project got created with WBS element's short id 'ST' and not with 'OP'

How to ensure getting the right WBS id while copying from different standard coding mask?

warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read SAP HELP, it explains clearly how to create a operative Project/WBS from standard template and how to change the key...Please go through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

I have gone through help, but i did not get any clue to make use different project IDs for std and operative.

I am just looking for this to have dedicated structures for both std and operative, due to which one can easily recognise the nature by seeing the project id.

Of course, it is very comfortable using unique project ID / coding mask for both. Still i am exploring. You may suggest if feasible.

warm regards

ramSiva

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think , in operative structure related transactions you will see only Operative ID's and in Std. Structure related transactions you will see only std. ID's. So why do you want to maintain two different ID's just for the sake of identification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

Previously, few of the experts indicated in a thread (initiated by me) that it is possible. But i am unable to execute. I wish to know still it is possible or not.

warm regards

ramSiva

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why are you having different IDs

have a std template OPxxxxxxx which when used will create operative project OPxxxxxx