cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM not connecting to MS SQL Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MDM 5.5 SP06 and also MS SQL 2005 SP3 in the same host machine.I am unable to connect to the database . Any idea which USER id should I use to connect to the MS SQL Database.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Once you Installed both MDM and Sql Server in your machine, First you need to connect with Sql Server using user id "sa" and the password (you should be provided when you are installing sqlserver with sql server authentication mode).

Start the sql server using Sql sever management studio. once you start the sql sever the you can go to console to start MDM server.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

I am using MS SQL 2005 SP3 . Do ou mean to say while installing the MS SQL Server itself I have to create the user "sa" and provide the Password at the time of installation . Also just want to let you know I only have the MS SQL 2005 SP3 Server installables ( I dont have any MS SQL Client application). Do I need any client application of MS SQL Server ?

Can you please provide me a step by step instruction of installing the MS SQL Server

Thanks,

Prabuddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

read this blog /people/goradindlasreerama.reddy/blog/2008/08/14/how-to-install-mdm-in-your-desktoplaptop-on-windows-os

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

One more thing is when you install the SQL server at some pointo ftime you get an option of choosing the password, there chooses a username and a passowrd.

After installation right click on the repository and try connecting to the databse, if you get success there then you will be able to do any other activities on the server.

Regards,

Pramod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabuddha Roy,

While installing SQL server select radio button Use a domain user _account, also select check box - SQL server and Analysis in start services at the end of setup. Rest all steps are same. I think it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Vibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy

MS SQL Server has user "sa" with "blank" password by default

You should be true what you MS SQL database was created and server was started before loading SAP MDM Server

Then you should load MDM Console and set DBMS settings for MS SQL

Regards

Kanstantsin