cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MDX Query generated to be different in SP 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We had initially BOXI 3.1 base version ( no fix-pack/service - packs). We upgraded our development to BOXI 3.1 SP2 BOE XI 3.1 ServicePack 2 (Server + Client) and also added HotFix for BOE XI 3.1 ServicePack 2" patch level 1.

We built an Universe on top of MSAS 2005 and we try to create and run Webi reports on top of this Universe.

I see two issues

1. The MDX query generated ( We run a tracer on the cube to capture it ) is the same as the MDX that was generated before the SP2 was applied. Is this expected? My understanding was that SP2 changed the MDX format allowing better performance. Am i missing something here?

2. Whenever the cube gets imported all classes have two branches

Class

-> All

->class objects

I was under the impression that this would not be the case with SP2.

Any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After research.. at SP2 - the query generation style is still the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Four your information, we didn't change the MDX generation between XI3.1 and XI3.1 SP2 whataver the data source (SAP BW and MSAS).

However we dramatically improved the performance on SAP BW side including the way MDX is consumed (done at SAP BW level).

However, I don't think we have improved in the same manner the performance for MSAS.

Concerning SP2, the main improvement we did at universes level concern the generation and the universe refresh (cube synchronization).

I am not aware about universe structure changes at genertion time. Can you provide more details?

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier.

1. Is there any plan to improve the performance for MSAS in any of the future releases, or in service packs?

2. Universe structure..lets say we import the Date class from cube. I can attach this as a screenshot but i do not see that option.

So for a dimension like say Year what i see in the cube universe is

Year

-> All

-->KEY_0

-->Member Value

->Year

-->Key_0(Year)

--> Member Value(Year)

My question is.. if there is a way to suppress generation of this ALL class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have completely redeveloped the universe generation and the MDX generation in X4.0 and we confirm that we have dramatically improved the performance.

Moreover we support hierarchies without flattening: the new universe model includes real multi-dimensional metadata.

We have no option to not generate All level for MSAS hierarchies, however it is possible to do it via Designer SDK.

By the way, I don't understand why you want to remove the All level from the universe as it is part of an MSAS hierarchy?

Regards,

Didier