cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network activities company code / plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have network activities in one network to belong to different company codes?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same is no possbile, Because Network is defined a plan level. And One plant can be a part of only One Company Code. So, Conceptually the same is no possbile, You can a max. create no of network with diff. Plants a/c to you requiremen.

With Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Let me disagree with your logic. Projects are also defined for one company code, but WBS-elements in the same project can belong to different company codes.

Thank you,

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have WBS elements belonging to different company codes as long as the company codes are in the same controlling area. However this does not apply to networks.

The network header can only belong to one company code and all the network activities in that header will be for the same company code. You can have another network header with activities for another company code in the same project as long as the company code is assigned to the same controlling area.

I seem to agree with Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least I am glad to know that you are not sure about it.

Do you know why do we have the plant field at the network activity level, even though it exist at the network header level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me end up with this discussion: as long as the plant of a network activity belongs to the same Controlling area, there is no issue to have activities assigned to different plants and company codes within the same network.

scr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You are correct. I've tested the same in ECC6.0 - SP 6 and your statement seems to be correct.

Can anybody let me know the work around for this so that a network doesn't have multiple activities with different plants - each assigned to a different company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satti,

Use the field selection option to hide/display the plant field without changing and use standard networks as template while creating operative ones.

Regards

Vittal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check it in your system and let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason I asked the question is to get independent confirmation, because unfortunately I have no system available at the moment to check it.