cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection groups for tables and header tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple of questions or rather observations around Selection Groups for tables and conversion objectu2026

1) For tables that do not really have a date field, for instance table PDSNR, it appears that you cannot specify a selection group. Consequently, you have to transfer the table in its entirety. Is this something that can be modified via customizing?

2) And what about the header tables, for example, X_ANLC, I have tried but not able to change the selection groups on these objects.

Thanks!

Harmeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HarmeetSS,

Maintaining and adding Selection groups within TDMS is bit of cryptric.

I would recommend to ask for support from a SAP TDMS consultant to give a 1-2 day Workshop how to handle this!

There are two main entriepoint to maintain SG: cnvmbttwb and the TDMS menu: cnv_mbt_menu -> Migrtion Logic - Sel Groups.

But even with this information it is a bit tricky handling SGs.

Best Regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marking the thread un-answered

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harmeet.

Since you mention you can only filter by date I am assuming you are using TDTIM.

How would you want to filter PDSNR, for example? Would it want to filter all entries >= a given sequence number?

The only way I know to do that is to work directly with the configuration tables. In your case you will need to use CNVMBTSEL* tables. Check how the standard selection groups are configured, and it should not be too difficult to follow the same logic and create your own selection groups.

CNVMBTSELGRP                   MBT PCL Selection groups              (main table to create the selection group)
CNVMBTSELMEMTYPE               MBT PCL Selection group member types  (main table to define members => fields for the selection group)
CNVMBTSELGRPDEF                MBT PCL Selection group definition    (definition of the fields in that selection group)
CNVMBTSELGRPVAL                MBT PCL Selection group values        (values for each field; you can use GE for >=)
CNVMBTSELCLAUSE                MBT PCL Selection group clause        (should also be straightforward if you are using only one field)
CNVMBTSELVAR                   MBT PCL Selection group variants     (configure the same variant for your selection group as for the others)
CNVMBTSELREF                   MBT PCL Selection group reference     (assignment of selection group to conversion object)

Hope this helps,

Rui Dantas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rui- thanks! I have tried doing this directly using CNVMBTSEL and CNVMBTSELMEMTYPE with little luck so far

Harmeet