cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro - long text - textedit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all I have a question about setting up a web dynpro where an element on the screen is a text box.

1. I defined the long text node in the componentcontroller. The cardinatlity is 1:1. It has one element, infotext. That element has a type string_table.

2. In the context in my view I map to the long text node. The second I map to the long text node. I get a short dump.

so

I defined the long text node 2 directly in my view. Everything works great. I try to map it back to the long text node, and there is a short dump.

So I thought about leaving the long text node 2 just in the view. When I do that and bind the retrieved long text data to the node 2, no text displays. I'm assumming it's because long text node 2 is not mapped to the componentcontroller.

Has anyone had experience with long text and the textedit property? If so how did you handle mapping the data? I keep thinking this should be easy. I've tried a number of different things, and nothing seems to work. And I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Do you know of an example on SDN? I couldn't find one.

thank you!

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the TextEdit:

In the Context tab at the context create a Node (TEXT_EDIT_NODE)cardinality 1:N and then create an Attribute(TEXT) type String.

In the Layout Tab at the TEXTEDIT uielement at the Attributes level (VALUE) bind that Attribute(TEXT) TYPE STRING that you create at the context node.

In order to display TEXT in your code you will need to SET_ATTRIBUTE (using the wizard, SET) and set it to the Context Attribute (TEXT)within your node(TEXT_EDIT_NODE).

For the Long Text: Create a Node (LONG_TEXT_NODE) cardinality 1:1 and then Create an Attribute(LONG_TEXT_ type String.

then follow the same proccess that you did for the TEXTEDIT above.

Hope this Help

Jason P-V

Answers (0)